Home

Play calling 101(help me please)

This is a discussion on Play calling 101(help me please) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2008, 10:36 PM   #9
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67
Re: Play calling 101(help me please)

And one more thing. If you feel pressure coming look for a checkdown and if one isn't there do not force it or throw the ball. Take the sack. If you throw it you usually will be intercepted. If you have a fast quarterback and feel pressure then try to get outside of the tackles and throw the ball away. If you throw the ball away outside of the tackles it will be intentional grounding.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:21 AM   #10
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

bump so that the op can find this
Old 07-28-2008, 11:27 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 3

to brien if you have a 360 and live add steroidjester and i will help you out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2008, 11:57 AM   #12
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

Another thing you can do to is try to mix up your play calls - keep a mental note of run/pass on 1st down, on second and long, etc. Also keep mental notes of you tendencies by formation - don't always pass out of 3 WR forms, run too. Don't always run out of I-Form, pass some too. You will find a rythem to calling plays, just know your own tendancies and switch it up.

As for defense, I just posted this in the 'is there such a thing as defense thread -http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football/258492-there-such-thing-pass-defense.html

I've gotten much better on D over the last 3-4 session with the game - I usually control either a safety in zone or an LB in zone and try to read the play. Sometimes I get a running start with the safety and blitz to try and blow the play up. If you are sending a corner, control the OLB on that side and protect the flat.

I mix up my calls - some zone, man, blitz, no blitz - I switch at the line to hot route to a blitz, hot route to Press coverage - I switch everything up constantly. I pretty much go Nickle against 3 WR, Dime against 4 and Quarter against 5 though I may switch that up a bit depending on the game situation. I gave up playing as a D-lineman as you just can't get off the suction blocks.

I think the game plays a lot like NHL 08 in that sometimes you feel like you can't do anything against the CPU, but you just have to weather the storm and keep playing. I think there is a learning curve to this game as well, just like NHL 08.

However, I'm not saying there aren't AI issues on defense such as the suction blocking and brutal pursuit angles. I think it's very hard to play this game with the 'no-switch' method on defense as you need to switch players so that you can change the pursuit routes.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:04 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

Run with counters and zig-zag around the field when you move.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:57 PM   #14
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275
And one more thing. If you feel pressure coming look for a checkdown and if one isn't there do not force it or throw the ball. Take the sack. If you throw it you usually will be intercepted. If you have a fast quarterback and feel pressure then try to get outside of the tackles and throw the ball away. If you throw the ball away outside of the tackles it will be intentional grounding.
You mean inside of the tackles in the last sentence.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 07-28-2008, 01:58 PM   #15
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
You mean inside of the tackles in the last sentence.
Thanks for pointing that out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2008, 02:00 PM   #16
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQman2121
Run with counters and zig-zag around the field when you move.
And for the op. DO NOT do what the quoted post says. This is called cheese.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »