Home

RUSHING game ISNT very realistic...

This is a discussion on RUSHING game ISNT very realistic... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2008, 01:06 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 17
RUSHING game ISNT very realistic...

I've been a big fan of the NCAA series over the years ...but this year the rushing game needs some work. It seems the game is designed to force users to over utilize all the super human juke moves to gain big yardage on the ground which doesnt feel very realistic. In real football, yes a juke or 2 will get you that extra yardage or break free from a tackle but it's the offensive line's ability to create that hole for the back to shoot thru that really lends to the big yardage.

In NCAA, running sweeps and tosses to the outside is too difficult to do with just pure speed and lead blocking. It seems like the only way to crack off a big gain from these plays is the over juking. Even great runners with solid lines will struggle against mediocre defenses when running the sweep and tosses to the outside because the RBs dont accelerate fast enough to the outside and they're top speeds cant seem to compete with the angle of defensive pursuit that even a subpar defender can demonstrate.

It seems like past versions of NCAA had a better balance of pure line blocking, hole creating, running opportunity that led to big gains without relying so heavily on the over excessive usage of the power/juke/spin moves.

Maybe Im way off on this one?...but I've noticed this after playing about 40 games in my dynasty and randomly playing all different dynasty matchups by controlling random teams throughout the schedule. I've even noticed that monster rushing teams that are leading the league in rushing yardage struggled in games I've played with them against teams that were clearly inferior.

Maybe its just the All American setting that's the problem?

I also have Human LINE BLOCKING up to 75 and RB Ability at 50 to try to encourage the running game to be more realisitically established thru line blocking rather than super human juking RBs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2008, 01:17 AM   #2
MVP

I Peench's Arena

Re: RUSHING game ISNT very realistic...

I really couldn't disagree with you more. I feel like this iteration is by FAR the best in terms of OL A.I. Blocking has been horrible in every EA football game every made, and finally it is starting to catch up to 2K in NCAA 09. I love how patient you have to be. You really need to wait for your blocks to develop then hitting the holes hard. The left stick allows you to make your way through the line realistically. The only problem with this is we still see a bit of the 'morphing' out of blocks, which is annoying.

You do make a good point about the jukes, however. That's why I decrease RB ability, it makes these moves more realistic. Give it a shot.

Overall, I say big improvement in the running game. The passing game, however?...that is a WHOLE different story
Old 07-29-2008, 01:20 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 18

It is one of my favorite aspects of the game. I love how tough it is, but I know with patience the endzone is right around the corner.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:21 AM   #4
Banned

I will lower the RB ability more to see if I can lower the super human juking that the RBs demonstrate but what about the sluggish way the RBs hit the outside on tosses and sweeps. It seems like they never are able to turn the corner before several AI defenders are already in the backfield wrapping them up?

thanks
Old 07-29-2008, 02:00 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Seems fine to me, the only thing I hate a lot is the turning motion of a player. You can turn on a dime in this game, like on Kick returns all you have to do is keep moving the stick left and right and you will 80% of the time get past defenders. Or you jump up and catch a ball and instantly be turned around and running again in about half a second.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2008, 04:03 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Peench
I really couldn't disagree with you more. I feel like this iteration is by FAR the best in terms of OL A.I. Blocking has been horrible in every EA football game every made, and finally it is starting to catch up to 2K in NCAA 09. I love how patient you have to be. You really need to wait for your blocks to develop then hitting the holes hard. The left stick allows you to make your way through the line realistically. The only problem with this is we still see a bit of the 'morphing' out of blocks, which is annoying.

You do make a good point about the jukes, however. That's why I decrease RB ability, it makes these moves more realistic. Give it a shot.

Overall, I say big improvement in the running game. The passing game, however?...that is a WHOLE different story
My passing game is on point. I can't run this year either. I just had a 59 speed DT chase down my 92 speed running back. What the heck?

The team I played against was called FCS. I don't recognize that school but I'd hate to be their football team in real life. I don't think they're going anywhere this year.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:14 AM   #7
Rookie

demon_deacon's Arena

OVR: 2

Just don't run a trap.

Guaranteed loss. Has anyone gotten a trap to work?
Old 07-29-2008, 05:26 AM   #8
All Star

OVR: 33

running game for me is really easy.

i think the crux of the matter is variety. mix up your play calling. I run sweeps, tosses, options, power O's, fb dives, play action and mix those in draws and off tackle runs.

Wishbone is great for running short and breaking off big gains if you can make it to the outside.

I had problems running at the beggining, but after a while its easier.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »