Home

im already bored of ncaa 09

This is a discussion on im already bored of ncaa 09 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2008, 10:34 AM   #9
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: im already bored of ncaa 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRSD
sim gameplay is from a user. not from sliders

and i only play online because the ai bores me.
Feel bad for you man. I'm not even close to bored. That's why I don't rush through games soon as I get 'em.

I haven't even started a dynasty yet. I'm waiting for the patch, then correct my rosters and start my season on Aug. 28 with the real season. Meanwhile I'm just messing around getting used to it, setting up all my stadium sounds, etc.

College football hasn't even started and you've wore the game out already? Sounds like your fault to me.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:38 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
sim gameplay is from a user. not from sliders

and i only play online because the ai bores me.

What I mean is, if you are to play an online dynasty, you will certainly have to adjust sliders to get realistic D-line pass rush, and more reasonable defensive awareness to compensate for the less then stellar coverage logic and pursuit, as well as the super legged kickers.

You can be as sim as you want, and still have those factors create an unrealistic game.

If you are only going to be playing online quick matches, then this is 60 dollars poorly spent.

This isnt 2k where you have a feedback system to somewhat filter out who want to play.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:41 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
Feel bad for you man. I'm not even close to bored. That's why I don't rush through games soon as I get 'em.

I haven't even started a dynasty yet. I'm waiting for the patch, then correct my rosters and start my season on Aug. 28 with the real season. Meanwhile I'm just messing around getting used to it, setting up all my stadium sounds, etc.

College football hasn't even started and you've wore the game out already? Sounds like your fault to me.

Same here, I really cant understand how anyone can have a dynasty going full bore with the game as is. I've taken the same approach.

Ive been playing games, and experimenting with sliders as well as playing online experimenting with different styles and teams. That has been loads of fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2008, 10:48 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
What I mean is, if you are to play an online dynasty, you will certainly have to adjust sliders to get realistic D-line pass rush, and more reasonable defensive awareness to compensate for the less then stellar coverage logic and pursuit, as well as the super legged kickers.

You can be as sim as you want, and still have those factors create an unrealistic game.

If you are only going to be playing online quick matches, then this is 60 dollars poorly spent.

This isnt 2k where you have a feedback system to somewhat filter out who want to play.
i play my friends who ive had since 2k3 and we have migrated

all SIM people. we have been in leagues etc together for 5 years now

the game is not good.
its weak and every game is the same thing

im not ranting and yelling at the cheesers who patrol the lobbies....im talking about playing sim people with this broken game.

i demand excellence and this game isnt it

i know madden will be better, it always is, but this game is just horrible and boring

to each his own, you all see the light soon as i have
Old 07-29-2008, 11:19 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

HAHAAHH Damn Donny, you mean this aint fun?

Ughhh this was a game I played last night and this was common. I ended up winning 34-27, but to trade scores back and forth because of a design decision to handicap the defense, yep, I agree, not fun for me. I'm sure the guy using UF was having fun though. Mehhhh BTW, I'm in Cover 3 with man mixed in and the Middle 1/3 safety still allows the WR to get deeper than him. I think it was because of the Tebow scrambling. It does something to your coverage guys when the QB runs around like that.

Last edited by LBzrule; 07-29-2008 at 11:22 AM.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:21 AM   #14
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71

Same here.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:22 AM   #15
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Quote:

i demand excellence and this game isnt it
Then the gaming industry isn't for you. You will never get a completly excellent game. Never.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2008, 11:55 AM   #16
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31

Exactly...and as for depth I think this game provides a good amount. There are of course aspects which could be added to provide even more depth, but as is IMO the game is plenty deep.

You really get into that depth when you take a low rung team in a crap conference and play your brains out trying to compete for a BCS conference invite and a chance to consistently play for a Nat'l Championship. That's what I'm doing w/ ECU, and I hope to get them in the ACC or SEC.

So if you're searching for depth consider using a different team. Recruiting is plenty deep, and w/ NCAA/School records and your shrine I think there is plenty of depth.

Additions in depth could be seeing a more robust system for disciplining players, or the academic suspensions we saw in last-gen games (w/o attributing points to it and all that crap).

As well as a coaching carousel where CPU generated coaches come into play, and the Joe Paterno's etc. retire, HC's go to the NFL, you hire assistants, etc.

As for the CPU AI being a bore...Playing on AA w/ adjusted sliders and 8 min qtrs my user record 4-5 so I find the CPU to provide a good challenge.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »