Home

NCAA Football Defensive Strategy: Linebacker

This is a discussion on NCAA Football Defensive Strategy: Linebacker within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2008, 04:07 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NCAA Football Defensive Strategy: Linebacker

Noah Weber checks in this week in a continuation of his defensive strategy series. This week Noah takes a look at playing the linebacker position in NCAA Football.

Quote:
"Your goal as a run-stopper is to pick the right gap and plug it. Depending on which LB spot you pick (middle, left outside, right outside), as well as your assignment for the play, you will have a greater responsibility to defend certain gaps. Think about where your player needs to be to ensure that his duties are accounted for while still affording you the opportunity to make a play."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3 / Wii / PSP
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2008, 06:24 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Good write-up, maybe I can try playing a Linebacker again in Campus Legend. I was way to aggressive and just rushing in and getting blocked, so maybe this will make it more enjoyable.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:47 PM   #3
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31
One thing I always try to do is look at how the OL is blocking...if they are coming up towards me I know it's a run and if I'm in a zone on that particular play I can recognize the play better and react faster.

Great write-up...too many people want to be Safeties, I think Linebackers are for team players who don't mind plugging a hole so someone else can have the tackle. People who want to be safeties are always looking for the big hit or a pick...
Old 07-30-2008, 03:15 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 1
I will be honest...Playing Middle linebacker, you are best off finding defenses where you have no actual responsibility in Man Coverage. If you could see the whole field, then, maybe, but otherwise, find defenses where you are either blitzing, spying, or in a zone. That way, you do not have to worry about a lot of things you can not see, and only worry about either a specific spot (zone) or freelancing (Blitz). Then again, this is just me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »