Home

This game gives me high blood pressure....

This is a discussion on This game gives me high blood pressure.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2008, 03:05 AM   #9
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: This game gives me high blood pressure....

Welcome to Next Gen football!

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 07-31-2008, 03:24 AM   #10

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

I dont get it Stoncold, you are always complaining about the game, saying how terrible it is, how its horrible and needs to be fixed asap, now your saying its causing you high blood pressure and yet you still want to play? Its one thing to make a valiant attempt to get the game playing good enough for you until the patch comes out but at this point it sounds like your bashing your head into the wall over and over again, it has to be getting old by now.

I will be perfectly honest, I normally love the college football game, and Im having a decent time with it this year, but there is this feeling that I cant shake that is prohibiting me from looking forward to playing like I used to. In the past I would come home, sacrafice sleep and play all night but now I go days without even playing one game at all. I hope Madden is more polished and if its not I guess I will run back to MLB The Show and continue that. Hopefully it gets patched so you can enjoy it at some point.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:39 AM   #11
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219
I dont get it Stoncold, you are always complaining about the game, saying how terrible it is, how its horrible and needs to be fixed asap, now your saying its causing you high blood pressure and yet you still want to play? Its one thing to make a valiant attempt to get the game playing good enough for you until the patch comes out but at this point it sounds like your bashing your head into the wall over and over again, it has to be getting old by now.

I will be perfectly honest, I normally love the college football game, and Im having a decent time with it this year, but there is this feeling that I cant shake that is prohibiting me from looking forward to playing like I used to. In the past I would come home, sacrafice sleep and play all night but now I go days without even playing one game at all. I hope Madden is more polished and if its not I guess I will run back to MLB The Show and continue that. Hopefully it gets patched so you can enjoy it at some point.
Good to see your a fan of my work. lol For the record, I've never complained about a game on the level I have this game.

I honestly hadn't played this game in over a week, and I had a relapse...lol After a couple of hours though I now remember why I put it down in the first place. Don't worry, I'm going to get something else tomorrow. I just got my PS3 after my 360 died, so NCAA is the only game I have and the only option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2008, 06:47 AM   #12
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Can we just get one thread for everyone to whine in, instead of 50 of these popping up every day?

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 07-31-2008, 07:51 AM   #13
D*lph*ns m*k* m* cry

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Can we just get one thread for everyone to whine in, instead of 50 of these popping up every day?
Agreed. The game has been out for over two weeks and people still have to whine. No one is putting a gun to their heads forcing them to play it. If you hated it on release day, then why in the hell are you still playing it. Trade the damn game in if you can't stand it.

I hated the previous versions, but this one I play every day.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:30 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 6
Location: PA, but born & rasied in Hollis, Queens NY. MM username: jkhaalis991

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Totally agree. Its the same threads over & over & over again. If this game gives you high blood pressure, you should really take a look at your life.

People if you don't like the game we don't need 50 threads every hour about the problems with the game that every1 already knows. If you don't like the game, go read book.

I have been apart of "The Tradition" since NCAA started online dynasties. Come check it out.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:43 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32

Exactly, it's like you just keep hoping you'll get a good game out of it. And sometimes it'll give you a good game for 2 quarters, sometimes 3 quarter, and sometimes it'll come out of teh gate doing stupid stuff and continue for the duration of the game.
that's what kills me. the game is clearly capable of playing somewhat realistically but it refuses to do so for 4 quarters.

last night i was beating miss st. 24-21 with 2:30 left in the game and possession of the ball. i fumble and they scoop and score. 28-24 i run the ensuing kickoff back. 31-28. their next drive is 1 play 65 yds. 35-31. i drive down and score with 10 seconds left take a 38-35 lead. i sky kick to avoid the big return and their 300+ OL #70 breaks 2 tackles and returns the kick to my 38 yard line. they miss the FG wide and i win.

next game is against tulane. they come out guns a blazin and score 35 in the first half on maybe 20 total offensive plays. 35-28 halftime score. second half was a completely realistic football game and i manage to win 42-38.

were these games exciting? yes
fun? yeah
marginally realistic in any capacity? not even close
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2008, 09:56 AM   #16
MVP

HitDoctor's Arena

OVR: 13

What works for me is:
1) Not taking this seriously
2) Stepping away and doing other things
3) Not playing 20hrs straight expecting this to be a substitute for the real thing

Took years for me to get to this point, but I now don't get hot about the flaws I find from the forum input.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »