Home

Bill Abner's Review of NCAA '09

This is a discussion on Bill Abner's Review of NCAA '09 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2008, 04:09 PM   #17
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Bill Abner's Review of NCAA '09

I'm not even sure thats true mudtiger. I honestly think, and I am being 100% sincere here, that EA simply doesn't care about the quality of their football games......PERIOD! They are money makers, plain and simple, and quality be damned if they still sell.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:09 PM   #18
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

I cant say i disagree with much on that list. Some of it is perception of the game, but overall, nothing new here. Just disappointment

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:11 PM   #19
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
EA's CEO would say "The game sold 500,000 and the shareholders are happy. Who cares that 1% of the buyers are unhappy w/ buggy rosters and online dynasty"

The game works for plenty of people...including me. I played it a few days ago.
Sure, it works, but you cannot say, with a straight face, that there aren't some pretty severe problems with gameplay. The way the game plays football is very inconsistent, and bugs and glitches, many of which are easily spotted, are rampant.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:12 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Honor
I don't believe I ever played those. '09 is the worst football I can remember playing, not the worst football game ever made.
Its clearly isn't the worst football game ever made or worse that I ever played. I remember playing a football game on the Atari 2600 that had 3 guys on each side that looked like trashcans. It was worse than this. It may not even be worse than NCAA 2008 because that game was utter garbage as well. But the point is, it is worse than football games that were made years ago and thats a problem.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:13 PM   #21
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasysportsguy
I'm not even sure thats true mudtiger. I honestly think, and I am being 100% sincere here, that EA simply doesn't care about the quality of their football games......PERIOD! They are money makers, plain and simple, and quality be damned if they still sell.

I dont know if i agree with that. If they didnt care...they wouldnt waste time and manpower releasing patches. They would just leave the game as is and start working on '10. The problem is they are more concerned with releasing the game on its street date than releasing the game bug free. Most companies would have pushed the date back to fix the roster bug and kick coverage but ea has to hit its release dates.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2008, 04:18 PM   #22
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasysportsguy
Sure, it works, but you cannot say, with a straight face, that there aren't some pretty severe problems with gameplay. The way the game plays football is very inconsistent, and bugs and glitches, many of which are easily spotted, are rampant.

Yes, but thats not what the poster said. He said it doesnt work. What people here need is some perspective outside of OS and to remember that the OS audience represents a miniscule part of NCAA buyers. So miniscule that its a surprise to me that EA would even bother to release a gameplay patch. For ever person here who complains about the bad KO return coverage (I'm one of them) there are 10 people who dont care about it and love that its so easy to get KO TDs.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:18 PM   #23
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

It definitely is a step up from NCAA 08, a game that we all deserve a refund on. I get douche chills even thinking back about the piss poor quality of last years Madden and NCAA.

My issue, as you touch on also, is the regression in quality, both as far as gameplay goes, and as far as being bug and glitch free goes. EA had dev kits for the 360 in late 2004, so they have had nearly 4 years to work on that console. For the PS3, it's nearly 3 years. Why, with the resources that company has, can they not completely revolutionize video game football? The reason? Money. Why spend money to REALLY put out a kick *** series of games, when you can slap a gimmick feature and roster update onto a game, and make money on it hand over fist?

This is why the governing bodies of pro and amateur sports need to cease giving out exclusivity contracts and they need to start paying attention to the state of their product in the digital arena.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:18 PM   #24
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16

I think the developers care, or at least the one we have direct contact with, Adam, cares. Caring is great but it only goes so far, results are needed too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »