Home

Bill Abner's Review of NCAA '09

This is a discussion on Bill Abner's Review of NCAA '09 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2008, 04:59 PM   #65
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Bill Abner's Review of NCAA '09

I guess here's the deal. Could 2009 be great? YES! Will it be after the patches? Probably not. Is it now? No.

Look if they fixed everything in the game that prevents this from being an enjoyable sim(That list thats floating around), I'd pay $250 for this game. Money isn't the issue. Time is the issue, and another year goes by with EA dropping the ball. I just want to play a Great college football game and I'd pay a premium for it. Its like wanting a steak and only McDonalds is open. A man has to eat, so I buy this garbage. I'd really rather pay 5 times as much and get want I want. Unfortunately thats not an option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2008, 04:59 PM   #66
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 867-5309
He is a big boy and his posts speak for themselves. His post history more that represents his thoughts. It is available to all of us.

Thanks
As is yours my friend.

He has, and will, contribute more to this forum that you possibly ever will. All I wanted was for you to back off and realize that going after individuals, they way you did, is counterproductive and only going to get the thread locked.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:00 PM   #67
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State-31 UNC-27
I don't understand, how YOU don't understand that EA just doesn't have the ability to do what you want them to and has never done it in the past. When they go to make a fix, they have to change the way something else plays. To make the CPU better, they have to make them perfect. To get rid of nano blitz, they have to make the pass blocking too good.

They've never put it all together in the past and won't in the near future. The games will always have gameplay problems.....something weird will always happen for the game to play somewhat realistically. I agree some things like the kicking thing are stupid to have, but no game is perfect.
Once again, quit telling me what I think.

Personally, I played the hell out of 2008. For all of the talk about how it was "utter garbage" I played probably 150 online games and 12 years of dynasty.

I had defensive games and shootouts. I had "wide open" offense in some games, but my defenders were smart and made plays without me hot routing them 100x times over.

I loved NCAA 2002-2004. I loved NCAA 2006, again...defenders were good and impact defenders..though a tad bit overdone...actually affected the game. Big time Defensive linemen were factors and Linebackers were monsters.

I've never had the issues in an NCAA game that I have had in NCAA 2009.

That's my opinion. That's not going to change.

So...for the last time...quit telling folks what they SHOULD expect and move on to a more positive thread for your liking.

As long as a patch is in development that could improve this game for some folks, those folks are going to express their issues.

Get used to it.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:01 PM   #68
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Hi my name is bdoughty, that would put me somewhere well over 10,000 posts. SNAP, now you must go .

P.S. you are not your post count. That point is moot, in fact some of the smartest members here are ones that post the least.

If you are bdoughty, aren't you that dude that melted down a few years back and begged to be banned?

Why are you here?
Old 07-31-2008, 05:01 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasysportsguy
He has, and will, contribute more to this forum that you possibly ever will.
Really? You sure about that?
Old 07-31-2008, 05:02 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 17

I apologize to anyone that I may have offended. Sorry, AA, I know you are a good guy.

Of course we all want EA to make great football games. I feel that '09 has received unfair criticism and that our expectations as a whole have gotten out of whack. This game was expected to be perfect, and when problems popped up (I think we know about almost all of them pre-release) people seemed to lose their minds.

This game is as good as any that EA has made IMO, aside from the kickoffs and punts and pursuit angles that need a slight tweak and DB AI that needs to be slightly more aggressive, though I have it playing well with sliders (which also need to be fixed)

I just think people need to reel in their expectations. I've never seen a game so scrutinized like this one.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:02 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
If you are bdoughty, aren't you that dude that melted down a few years back and begged to be banned?

Why are you here?

Why does that matter to you? I am here, life moves on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2008, 05:02 PM   #72
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Hi my name is bdoughty, that would put me somewhere well over 10,000 posts. SNAP, now you must go .

P.S. you are not your post count. That point is moot, in fact some of the smartest members here are ones that post the least.
That explains even more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »