Home

The "Great Pickle" for me AA vs Heisman.

This is a discussion on The "Great Pickle" for me AA vs Heisman. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2008, 08:34 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 34
Re: The "Great Pickle" for me AA vs Heisman.

To me, ratings seem to matter a LITTLE more on AA vs. Heisman.

On Heisman, the CPU is going to get whatever outcome it wants on some plays and that is that...such as 87 speed wr's racing through your 90+ speed secondary. I can actually see a faster wr get some seperation on a deep ball every now and then.

Yeah, I can win on Heisman, but the game gets so bastardized in the process, that it leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

I plugged in jistic(?), AA sliders in a play now game; Notre (me) USC. I lost the game 13-9, and felt good about how the game played.

The only real irritant is the CPU running. I got a safety because their dang RB was just juking around the backfield, instead of plowing through and trying to pick up some yards.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:43 AM   #18
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
1. Heisman- The Good: CPU runs MUCH better at Heisman and every game is usually hard fought. The Bad: Robo QB. Simply put, Robo QB is frustrating, infuriating, and damn near impossible to stop.

2. All American- The Good: I can get pressure. I can get sacks, and not just on Screens. Why? Because no more Robo QB. With slider tweaks, the CPU QB becomes "mortal". Non-Robo QB holds onto the ball. Non-Robo QB throws into coverage. Non-Robo QB scrambles and runs for dear life. I like Non-Robo QB. Also...CPU players make mistakes much more realistically such as dropped balls and fumbles.

The Bad: The CPU run game is pretty sorry. They'll attempt to run, but unfortunately, most of the time I hold them to 1-2 yards per carry average in games.
I feel the same way. I tried Heisman a few times but the cpu QB is almost unstoppable. You can't get any pressure and I feel helpless to defend the pass. I find the deep ball is too hard to hit on Heisman as well. I do love the fact the cpu can run the ball against me and I think the punt returns are a lot better on Heisman as well.

My biggest issue with AA is the lousy cpu running game. When the cpu starts running effectively, it changes your defensive strategy a lot making it more realistic and fun (doesn't happen on AA now). I had 5 sacks with CU against Texas the other day so the pass blocking is a lot better on AA too. The only time the cpu ran well against me was with WVU and Noel Devine pulled off some amazing runs.

I personally think AA is the best way to go (especially since I don't like getting beat up on Heisman) and once the second patch hits and the sliders work separately I'm hoping I can juice up the cpu running game to a good level.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:59 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 13

I'm on Heisman. Tried AA but if felt like I had to stifle my own game to keep things competitive. On Heisman, if something is working, I keep doing it until they stop me, just like in real life. (And just like in real life, they usually stop me pretty quickly.)

I think AA will be the way to go once we get some functioning sliders, though.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:25 AM   #20
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

Miami vs FSU, I took FSU and managed to keep the CPU under 65 % completion percentage.

I'm having more and more success stopping Robo QB.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 08-01-2008, 09:38 AM   #21
Rookie

Tig5309's Arena

OVR: 4

I agree with picking your poison between the robo QB on Heisman and the lack of running game on AA. Hopefully the patch will allow us to start on either level and tweak accordingly, but ignoring that I have to go with Heisman. Computer backs running for 1-2 yards per game just ruins it for me more than having their QB go off.

I also find offense way too easy in general, so I'd win too much on AA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2008, 10:40 AM   #22
Rookie

GatorFan1963's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoSparty
I'm on Heisman. Tried AA but if felt like I had to stifle my own game to keep things competitive. On Heisman, if something is working, I keep doing it until they stop me, just like in real life. (And just like in real life, they usually stop me pretty quickly.)

I think AA will be the way to go once we get some functioning sliders, though.
I definitely think I have to stifle my own game on AA. Slider tweaks or not, AA is just too easy. It was the same when I played on the PS2.

Robo QB is who we thought he was...but you have to apply the bend but don't break principle on defense. I played a game last night, Miami vs. UF, and was able to sack Tebow 3 times. 2 of those were coverage sacks and the other one was him trying to run the option. I think once the sliders work properly, Heisman will definitely be the way to go.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:14 AM   #23
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
After several games on Heisman, I just don't like it. I can win on Heisman and all, but it just feels "off" to me.

All-American with the sliders that I have been using have given me at least 15 great games that play well. I have had a couple defensive battles, nailbiters and shootouts as well. My only issue is the CPU run game, but it's not too bad.
I agree. AA just has a better feel to it and I still have great competive games.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:45 PM   #24
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Heisman has too many plays where your like "WTF, that's some BS". Robo QB and the feeling that the CPU can bust something crazy out of nowhere anytime it wants is pissing me off beyond belief.

I had to turn off my Vandy vs UGA game at halftime becuz it was just unreal in terms of the CPU gains.

My problem that is in order for AA to be competitive you need to use a borderline horrible team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »