Home

The "Great Pickle" for me AA vs Heisman.

This is a discussion on The "Great Pickle" for me AA vs Heisman. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2008, 03:02 PM   #33
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: The "Great Pickle" for me AA vs Heisman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
I've been using a variation of your sliders w/ only tweaks to CPU Run Ability @ 90, and knocking down CPU/HUM punt, kick, and kickoff power to 35.

W/ CPU run blocking at 90 and ability @ 90 the CPU has had some great games against me run wise...Also I have a below-avg LB corps w/ ECU (in my 2nd season).

I'd say stay w/ AA, and if you've already bumped up CPU Run Ability then just convince yourself that you are REALLY good at stopping the run.
The cpu sliders don't do anything. The human sliders affect both human and cpu right now. The second patch will fix the sliders and should help remedy this in a few weeks.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:04 PM   #34
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzoutiger
Like many I have been frustrated as to what level to play at. I like AA more but the CPU running game is rotten there and thus the CPU is not as competitive. After trying MANY slider combos I have found the "simple solution." Go with what I like--meaning AA---but overcome its fatal flaw by switching the run block and run ability sliders each change of possession. When I do this the CPU can run and because it can run it is competitive and I love the game. I resisted this approach for a long time because I didn't want to mess with the slider change. But-after trying it I found out the following:

1) It is NOT much of a hassle . In fact it takes 10 seconds or less each time I do it.
2)After only a couple of games this becomes "automatic" . I don't forget to do it and I don't dread it--it is a minor thing that GREATLY improves the game for me.

My advice is try it out for 2 games and see if you don't love this approach.

I am using a variation of the ZERO sliders as follows: The only sliders I change are the RB and RBA sliders . Of course all slider changes are made on the HUMAN sliders since they are the only ones that work.

HUMAN CPU

40 40
0 0
10 10
40 Switch to 80
15 Switch to 100

0 0
0 0
0 0
0 0
0 0
I might have to do that.

Old 08-01-2008, 03:09 PM   #35
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

Since I'm not very good at this game, AA level is perfect for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2008, 07:29 PM   #36
Banned

haze56's Arena

OVR: 4

My last 3 games I've held Robo Tebow to 7 points...Sacked him 4 times and picked him 5 times...Held robo Boekman to 0 points...and held robo Stafford to 14 points.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:43 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorFan1963
I definitely think I have to stifle my own game on AA. Slider tweaks or not, AA is just too easy. It was the same when I played on the PS2.

Robo QB is who we thought he was...but you have to apply the bend but don't break principle on defense. I played a game last night, Miami vs. UF, and was able to sack Tebow 3 times. 2 of those were coverage sacks and the other one was him trying to run the option. I think once the sliders work properly, Heisman will definitely be the way to go.
That's exactly how I think of it. I get the infrequent 3-and-out, but mostly I just keep them in front of me and make them put together a long drive.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:27 PM   #38
Pro

Xx 74 xX's Arena

OVR: 11

Just a note on Robo QB.

I did ALOT of testing (Heisman) to findout why Mr. Robo QB is so physic, and while the short term solution is just another time-consuming process, you can decide for yourselves if your up to the task, (I'm not) as EVERY QB would need their AWR decreased.

Quite frankly, it all boiled down to the AWR rating. If you wish, take two teams that are pass-happy, (Texas Tech, Hawaii, etc) decrease the starting QB's AWR rating to ZERO. What you'll see are the same characteristic as an AA QB, the sweetest aspect being having no clue of the back/blindside pressure. Surprisingly, the 'AWARELESS' QB's decision-making didn't suffer as I thought it would.

Next, you'll need to go the respective teams Depth Chart and re-insert the QB as the starter (OVERALL rating will drop, but don't let that worry you)

You'll want to 'watch' the game on both sides, so don't choose a controller for either side.

That all being said, it will work only if your interested in playing ONE season, or the PLAY NOW feature due to not being able to edit incoming recruits and such after Year 1.

Never-the-less, I found it an interesting find.

If I have some videos saved still, i'll post 'em here in this thread.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:41 PM   #39
Pro

Xx 74 xX's Arena

OVR: 11

Deleted the videos, so i'm running Oklahoma vs Georgia (with the AWR adjustment).

I'll post some videos, sliders used, and QB stats after the game.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:28 PM   #40
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
In my Single player UAB Dynasty I have flip flopped more than a McDonald's burger flipper.

After 2 full seasons, multiple slider tests, etc. It pretty much boils down to 2 truths for me in looking for a fun slider set.

1. Heisman- The Good: CPU runs MUCH better at Heisman and every game is usually hard fought. The Bad: Robo QB. Simply put, Robo QB is frustrating, infuriating, and damn near impossible to stop. If you blitz on Heisman, Robo QB will come up with some ridiculous Brett Farve-esque play and burn you 9 times out of 10.

2. All American- The Good: I can get pressure. I can get sacks, and not just on Screens. Why? Because no more Robo QB. With slider tweaks, the CPU QB becomes "mortal". Non-Robo QB holds onto the ball. Non-Robo QB throws into coverage. Non-Robo QB scrambles and runs for dear life. I like Non-Robo QB. Also...CPU players make mistakes much more realistically such as dropped balls and fumbles.

The Bad: The CPU run game is pretty sorry. They'll attempt to run, but unfortunately, most of the time I hold them to 1-2 yards per carry average in games.

So in essence...it is Robo-QB vs No CPU Run game. At least in my view.

And honestly, after playing both about equal, I'm leaning more towards the non juiced All American level and No Robo QB and just accepting the fact that the CPU run game will be less than stellar.

It just "feels" much more balanced at AA and the mere fact that the CPU QB doesn't always release the ball in a nano second allows SO much more ability to play defense, rush the passer, and wreak havoc on D.

Anyone else having the same conflict of interest?
Yea, I had the EXACT same feelings as you. Robo QB was driving me nuts on Heisman, but AA QB bothers me too much at times too. The running game needs to be boosted without boosting my running game since its only AA. I ended up settling on Jistics AA set and play Middle LB all the time. I am having fun games, but I think you are a better player than me. I am not 100% happy however. That is why I really wanted CPU sliders and returns at the very least patched. I am also happy that they are patching the out of bounds nonsense as well since you see that a LOT more on AA (I think).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »