Home

The Two Things That MUST Be Understood

This is a discussion on The Two Things That MUST Be Understood within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2008, 10:46 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: The Two Things That MUST Be Understood

have to agreewith auburn ole boy never said anything relevant at all
Old 07-31-2008, 10:50 PM   #10
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

To the OP, I have 11 guys on the field. I should NOT have to do everything in order to get a stop on a 3rd & 15. If I want to control the lineman to go after the QB, unless my DB get's burnt deep, I should not have to automatically switch guys as soon as the CPU fires the ball; AND if I have to, EA should've tighted up the controls and made the defensive speed to where it should be so I can have a CHANCE at making the play.

Some of you alls logic is throwed off. Like I said in another thread, if I have to do everything, then the game just might as well not even have my other 10 teammates out there.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:11 PM   #11
All Star

OVR: 24

How often are your defenders caught in one-on-one situations? How often are you seeing gang-tackles?
How many of your players are swarming the ball?
Are you seeing one guy make a tackle and the rest of your defense trot around, or are you seeing six and seven guys in full animation at the end of the play?
How many of your hits are truly HARD? Is your offensive line exploding off the ball?
How many pancakes are you seeing?
How many penalties are you seeing from the CPU?
How many broken tackle animations are your seeing from YOUR defense?
What kind of YAC yardage are your receivers getting?
Are you seeing pocket animations from your QB, where he slips multiple defenders while you move in the pocket?
Are your AI teammates making plays, or do they blow?
Are you seeing dropped passes from your receivers?
How many times per game are the CPU's passes hitting the ground without being tipped or dropped?
How often are CPU players getting hurt?
How often are YOUR players getting hurt?
How many penalties are you getting?

Some of these are just kinda outthere. You can draw some CPU offsides but you cannot blame the user for the programming of low penalty events. Its not the users fault than clipping never gets called for example. The same for CPU hitting the ground with passes, you can rush the passer but again its the general coding that few are off target- most are intercepted in those cases really. Pancakes and a few others of these are really just slider based. Doesn't matter how you play for those to happen. Some are user based and talent clearly makes a difference but alot of these points are just not. Some points you made are valid, most are off.

To the greater point- if all 11 players are tied to only what i do then the game should be recalled. Thankfully i think your dead wrong. I could take a saftey and run around in circles and you won't see the other 10 do anything different than the assignments they were given.

It seem this board is just getting more and more polarized and frankly that is sad. Its like we need two boards for every game. The i love it and nothing is going to change it board and the game is a disaster board. Whatever happened to the middle ground? Why can't we talk about the problems like adults and quit the fighting? If the game is unplayable for you- move on. If you love the game so much that the issues do not bother you- avoid the bug threads.

Its to the point where i think warnings should be given to the defenders of the game just as much as the bashers of the game. Maybe have one "i hate the game thread" and kick the lovers out.

Sorry to ramble on, just people wouldn't be here if they didn't want to love the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2008, 11:21 PM   #12
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I'm confused, what exactly has all to do with me? The way I wiggle the joystick? The plays I call? How are all 11 players mapped to the user? It seems like you're trying to say a lot but I have no idea what exactly it is that you're trying to say.

I agree with the statement that this game is a lot better than most people think, I went from liking it initially to hating it for a few days and now it's growing on me again.

To be perfectly honest I use NJ Papi's Heisman sliders with RBA up to 60 because I suck at running and I do "Ask Corso" on defense every time and every game I play is pretty much a defensive battle. Tons of knocked down passes, the CPU AI doesn't seem that terrible on D (in terms of when the ball is in the air, the pursuit angles are def an issue) and as a whole the games seem solid.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 08-01-2008, 05:12 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
To the OP, I have 11 guys on the field. I should NOT have to do everything in order to get a stop on a 3rd & 15. If I want to control the lineman to go after the QB, unless my DB get's burnt deep, I should not have to automatically switch guys as soon as the CPU fires the ball; AND if I have to, EA should've tighted up the controls and made the defensive speed to where it should be so I can have a CHANCE at making the play.

Some of you alls logic is throwed off. Like I said in another thread, if I have to do everything, then the game just might as well not even have my other 10 teammates out there.
how i hate auto-switching. the ai QB somehow 'manages' to pass the ball as you about to introduce him to the turf (surely that should = incomplete pass), and then auto-switches from your D-Lineman to a DB so the DB winds up travelling south instead of covering the intended target.

as for the idea of the 10 non-controlled players performance related to how well you play, i say thats utter BS. EA has always programmed its AI to make your non-controlled players make stupid errors for the CPU team to take advantage of. the only way you can affect their performance is TO's and HFA
Old 08-01-2008, 05:55 AM   #14
All Star

OVR: 33

IMO. HEISMAN [and to the same extent Madden] is a level where you must switch to the closest player to the ball at all times. If you're the DL and rushing, but don't get the sack, and the cpu throws the ball, you must switch to the cloest defense back.

Or when a running back is in the open field, you are the one that must make the tackle.

I don't believe there is an auto-switch button.

If you think Heisman is where you control 1 player and expect the Ai to be perfect on all 10 other players, thas your opinion.

But I believe the intent of Heisman is to make sure you use the sticks and the closer player to the ball at ALL TIMES.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:49 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 13

Great. Another post telling people how to play the game.

I'll just say this. If all 11 players are somehow mapped to the user, then the game sucks. I don't think that's the case, but if it is, you may as well take the ratings and whatever simulation aspect this game ever had and throw them out the window.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2008, 08:55 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 34

I love how these defensive gurus start a thread like this and then vanish.

I'd honestly love to play these guys and see what they do, firsthand

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »