Home

Patch 1 and 2 Info

This is a discussion on Patch 1 and 2 Info within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 02:42 PM   #41
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Patch 1 and 2 Info

Thank God, I really needed to read some good news. This has been a very frustrating couple of weeks because of these EA games. I feel slapped around by EA beyond the point of being abused. After finding out this game was severely broken I had to put it down in the hopes of patches, and hopefully they won't take too long. Then the whole fiasco with Madden and the lack of cpu sliders (which can't even be fixed with a patch, no reason to buy it now).

It looks like hopefully we will have at least one working football game (ncaa 09) in the next couple of weeks, finally.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2008, 02:53 PM   #42
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstod
You see that every play? I sometimes see HB's get separation, but not always. Do you not want any randomness in the game? Would you prefer that if a FS is rated better than a HB, that he will always stick right on his hip? Not ripping you, just asking what you're seeing/thinking.
I really pisses me off when that happens on 3rd down as it so often does and gives the CPU a first down.

I swear the CPU gets at least 7-8 first down per drive with most of them occuring on 3rd and 8 or greater. Which is totally unrealistic when considering it doesnt vary much from team to team.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:57 PM   #43
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
So wait, the first patch is in MS hands, but the 2nd patch hasn't been submitted. Will it be submitted in the near future as in by Monday or is there still time to make some fixes.
The first patch has been in MS and Sony's hands for awhile now (roughly 2 weeks). It only gets released after certification. The second patch is finished - no more patches either. Adam said it will be submitted today for certification and then its usually at least a 2-3 week wait (if not longer) for us to get it. We might get it before September.

I believe EA was only approved for one free patch with NCAA but they got two free patches with Madden. Unless Adam corrects this, EA had to pay a fee to have a 2nd patch but that depends on negotiation between the higher-ups. Both Sony and MS are different with regards to patches and MS restricts the size of the patches more than Sony which is why they won't be patching accelerated clock (even though its possible for Madden).
Old 08-01-2008, 02:58 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 6

who cares, 10 more days till this POS beta test game goes back to the store!!!!

i havent even played ncaa in 2-3 days and dont miss it on bit
Old 08-01-2008, 03:00 PM   #45
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRSD

If you don't care why are you posting?
Old 08-01-2008, 03:00 PM   #46
stewaat

OVR:

Yea and they are moving onto 2010 after today I'm pretty sure

Old 08-01-2008, 03:07 PM   #47
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRSD

If you don't care, then why are you on here posting?
Old 08-01-2008, 03:07 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
I really pisses me off when that happens on 3rd down as it so often does and gives the CPU a first down.

I swear the CPU gets at least 7-8 first down per drive with most of them occuring on 3rd and 8 or greater. Which is totally unrealistic when considering it doesnt vary much from team to team.
I'd say the CPU 3rd and long conversions are in the top 3 frustrations along with pass rush and punt returns for me. It seems like at least 5 times/game, usually a lot more, the computer completes a quick hit pass up the middle for 9 yards on 3rd and 8. Or 10 yards on 3rd and 9. The middle of the field defense is absolutely terrible and if you're a person who just likes to pass rush, you get butchered.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »