Home

Recruit growth question

This is a discussion on Recruit growth question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2008, 04:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Recruit growth question

Has anyone noticed if recruits grow or gain weight after being recruited? I know in games like College Hoops players would continue to grow even after entering college.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2008, 04:24 PM   #2
R**k**

OVR: 2
Re: Recruit growth question

They gain weight during the offseason progression/training period. Skill players maybe a pound or two. I have seen o-lineman go up quite a bit 6-8 pounds a year...Havent seen anyone grow taller though.
Old 08-02-2008, 05:32 PM   #3
Rookie

oChaos_Nine's Arena

OVR: 11

Not to thread jack, but what about speed growth for skilled players. Is there one way better than the other to make my HB's or WR's faster? For instance will they get faster if I'm winning awards and Heisman's or does that even matter and they're speed progresses at the same rate no matter what you do with them?

Also, does the weekly practice help at all to build your players?
Old 08-02-2008, 09:02 PM   #4
Rookie

aldogabd's Arena

OVR: 3

shame you cant edit them- i got a great FS that came in as a 78 (which is good for my 4 star school)....only this is he is 6'7 190....and thats just not realistic to me
Old 08-02-2008, 10:18 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldogabd
shame you cant edit them- i got a great FS that came in as a 78 (which is good for my 4 star school)....only this is he is 6'7 190....and thats just not realistic to me
well you should definitely change his position in the offseason to WR...Thats what you should've done after you recruited him... The next thing is 'Position Change"... I had a QB that was a 90 spd, but recruited 2 of them.... I found out his arm strength was like 78 but it said he was a B+ so I moved him to DE and he is a Dwight Freeney type, and he went up in RTG when I moved him
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2008, 11:15 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 24

My problem is recruits don't progress at all. I had a 3-star MLB recruited and started all 4 years and ended up an 87 overall by the end of it (started 74). He won LB of the year his junior year and had 80+ tackles his final 3 years, and 4 or 5 sacks in each.

It's really tough to make recruits progress to legit prime-time players, especially with a small school, considering they're mostly 2-star guys.
Old 08-03-2008, 07:15 PM   #7
Rookie

aldogabd's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuckmoufjonez
well you should definitely change his position in the offseason to WR...Thats what you should've done after you recruited him... The next thing is 'Position Change"... I had a QB that was a 90 spd, but recruited 2 of them.... I found out his arm strength was like 78 but it said he was a B+ so I moved him to DE and he is a Dwight Freeney type, and he went up in RTG when I moved him
yea i thought about that but his rating went from 78 to a 71 and i dont get 78 recruits very often so i didnt want to waste it....his stat are all good for his position its just his height is unrealistic
Old 08-03-2008, 07:19 PM   #8
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler289
My problem is recruits don't progress at all. I had a 3-star MLB recruited and started all 4 years and ended up an 87 overall by the end of it (started 74). He won LB of the year his junior year and had 80+ tackles his final 3 years, and 4 or 5 sacks in each.
This doesn't make sense to me. You start by saying your "problem" is that recruits don't progress, but go on to tell of a guy who went from a 74 to an 87 and won LB of the year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »