Home

Rocket or Strafe Catching?

This is a discussion on Rocket or Strafe Catching? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2008, 04:52 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: Rocket or Strafe Catching?

Typically I would agree that it is exploiting a glitch... But I like to think that my 6'4" receivers can jump/reach higher than 5'10" cornerbacks....

The fact that I use this to my advantage is of no concern to you since I don't play this game competitively online. Also, I wouldn't measure the exploitative nature of this "glitch" as something people do when they are LOSING... don't most cheesers do this regularly and win all the time?

GKY
Old 08-03-2008, 06:52 PM   #10
Rookie

Dynamite's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
Typically I would agree that it is exploiting a glitch... But I like to think that my 6'4" receivers can jump/reach higher than 5'10" cornerbacks....

The fact that I use this to my advantage is of no concern to you since I don't play this game competitively online. Also, I wouldn't measure the exploitative nature of this "glitch" as something people do when they are LOSING... don't most cheesers do this regularly and win all the time?

GKY
That's true, but there's a difference between a 6'4" receiver outjumping a 5'10" corner, and jumping several feet in the air to catch a pass that shouldn't be caught or intercepted or that he should have been forced to fight for a few yards down field.

Whether you use it to your advantage is ultimately irrelevant because though you may not use it to cheese online, people will. A lot of people will.
Our purchasing power is being eroded. So especially now, the goods must be held to a standard. We end up happier as consumers, and the companies get a clear message: "We won't tolerate sub-par goods." It's a shame, no one cares to speak with their wallet.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:59 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

That was my point exactly... It was harsh towards you, I know... It's just that it's on a subject which has all but destroyed the online game... The fact that you say you use it to stay in games is also an indication of how most people use it... It's not every play that exploits are being used... It's when they need it... You play a clean game for three quarters, you get into the fourth and BOOM! no more passing for you, the guy just plays zone and pulls the move over and over... So you've waisted like 20 minutes playing a good game only to have to either conceed defeat, quit of take a loss...
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »