Home

Question about NCAA rules? Perhaps glitch or maybe just my own lack of knowledge...

This is a discussion on Question about NCAA rules? Perhaps glitch or maybe just my own lack of knowledge... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2008, 12:07 AM   #1
Rookie

twthomas's Arena

OVR: 5
Question about NCAA rules? Perhaps glitch or maybe just my own lack of knowledge...

When a team misses a FG inside the twenty yard line, in this case lets say the 6 yard line, does the opposing team get the ball on the twenty?

I figure its like the NFL and you get the ball where it was kicked from but the 20 seems pretty far back from the 6.

This just happened to me in a game and can't find the answer.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2008, 02:07 AM   #2
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Question about NCAA rules? Perhaps glitch or maybe just my own lack of knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twthomas
When a team misses a FG inside the twenty yard line, in this case lets say the 6 yard line, does the opposing team get the ball on the twenty?

I figure its like the NFL and you get the ball where it was kicked from but the 20 seems pretty far back from the 6.

This just happened to me in a game and can't find the answer.

Thanks
The NFL rule was changed several years ago in the usual "SKOR MOAR POINTZ" Initiative. It used to be on all levels that when a field goal was missed, you took over from the previous line of scrimmage. College never changed the rule.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:12 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Question about NCAA rules? Perhaps glitch or maybe just my own lack of knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
The NFL rule was changed several years ago in the usual "SKOR MOAR POINTZ" Initiative. It used to be on all levels that when a field goal was missed, you took over from the previous line of scrimmage. College never changed the rule.
I hate this rule change. When you miss a FG, it's a turnover on downs. Ball should be spotted from the previous line of scrimmage. If it's the 6, it's the 6. It shouldn't be the 20.

I don't like any of these rule changes and I like the way you spelled SKOR MOAR POINTZ. That is probably how the people who decided to change the rule spelled it.

All these rule changes are making me sick...
Old 08-04-2008, 06:29 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Another rule question that I don't want to clutter up the board with... When an o lineman is the first to touch the ball, after it has been passed by the quarterback, isn't that illegal touching? When the CPU fires balls into the linemen's backs shouldn't that be a penalty, I have seen this called in actual football game for nothing more than hitting a lineman's foot.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:20 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

I wish they NFL & College would change the missed FG to what High School uses. You miss a 50 yd FG that roll dead at the 5 yard line, the Def gets it at the 5. In High School a Fg is basically a punt that can score 3 points.

As for the a lineman touching a pass I would have to look up the NCAA rule but under Federation rules if a passer (QB) hits a ineligible receiver (lineman this case) Inadvertently (in the back) you have nothing. If the ineligible receiver bats, muffs or catches the pass you have illegal touching.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2008, 02:16 PM   #6
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

if they made it so missed field goals were brought to the 20 then everyone would just kick a field goal and not punt, unless your punter is a sniper. Why not try to kick it if its gonna be at the 20 anyways. The way it is now is if you gamble and kick a field goal from the 40 and miss now your opponent is sitting pretty. Its a risk you have to take.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »