Home

WHY Does EVERY Team Run The spread Option??!!???

This is a discussion on WHY Does EVERY Team Run The spread Option??!!??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2008, 06:58 PM   #17

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: WHY Does EVERY Team Run The spread Option??!!???

So, basically people are switching this right before they enter the game and its sticking and not reverting back to what it was set at previously? I agree with everyone else, watching slow QB's trying to run option and similar plays is ridiculous.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:02 PM   #18
KOL
Charmer

KOL's Arena

OVR: 15

The spread is the future of college football. I mean look at Dennis Dixon last season if you could get a QB like that in any offense it would be the spread. I wouldnt be suprised that in a couple of seasons 75% of QB's think run or option before pass.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:48 PM   #19

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Well Im playing as Oregon and Kempt is not an option to run the spread, it works in the game because the defense respects his ability to run without thinking that he is slow as hell but obviously I dont when playing a slow *** QB who does the same thing and there is the problem. Its not a game killer for me, but it would be nice to see teams use playbooks that werent such carbon copies of one another.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:37 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 31

I agree with the original post. This is becoming the most depressing part of the game.

Way too many games are playing out the same with the spread option instead of being a pass attack team or more traditional.

Slow QB's that run the spread option so bad!!
Old 08-06-2008, 02:01 AM   #21
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishMet89
The spread is the future of college football. I mean look at Dennis Dixon last season if you could get a QB like that in any offense it would be the spread. I wouldnt be suprised that in a couple of seasons 75% of QB's think run or option before pass.
^^^ Then theres people who say stuff like this to try and act like EA is ahead of the curve. This is just bad programming plain and simple. It has nothing to do with "The future of college football." Theres no reason a pocket-passing QB with a 66 in speed should be taking off to run so frequently. I get so many tackles for a loss on 1st and 2nd down that it's not even funny. I just don't get why this was included in the logic this year when its never been so in the past.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2008, 03:59 AM   #22
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidVish
I agree and it gets really stale to watch any team you are up against play almost identically to each other...

...Maybe next year they'll get it right.

This is probably at the bottom of their list of things to do, if it's even on the list at all.

The thing is, they wouldn't even have to get every team's detail down right, just add some unique characteristics to each coach so that teams played certain ways... And make sure the AI is programmed to get the ball into the hands of the playmakers.

That would be an easy step one.

And if they wanted to build on that they could have coach's characteristics adapt to the recruits they bring in...

All this may sound complicated, but like I say, if they just did the broad strokes and didn't try to get every fine detail down it could work...

But let's be realistic... It ain't happenin'. Why would they add something only a few hardcore fans care about, even if it'd do wonders for their game?

Last edited by spit_bubble; 08-06-2008 at 12:41 PM. Reason: clarification, typo, punctuation
Old 08-06-2008, 08:04 AM   #23
Pro

OVR: 8

Money says Their QA team and their testers are 2k fanboys
Old 08-06-2008, 09:31 AM   #24
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9

its dumb...im doing a CL with Texas Tech and i have a WR and they run the ball more than anything else...dumb.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »