Home

Changing Conferences?????

This is a discussion on Changing Conferences????? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2008, 06:17 AM   #9
Rookie

GKEnialb's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Changing Conferences?????

I think that for a conference to invite you, it has to have a team that performs very poorly (that you'll be replacing), which is why sometimes you have great seasons where you get no invites but in a less impressive year you might.

Once reaching a BCS conference, I've never been invited to join another conference -- it might be the end of the road.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:04 AM   #10
Rookie

Malignant's Arena

OVR: 7

Is it only your program that gets invites or can CPU controlled teams get invites too?

2003 - Tulsa Golden Hurricane (8-5) - Humanitarian Bowl

2004 - Tulsa Golden Hurricane (9-4) - Humanitarian Bowl

2005 - Kentucky Wildcats (6-6)

2006 - Kentucky Wildcats (5-7)
Old 08-05-2008, 07:47 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

Other than the percentage of randomness, I think there are a few factors, atleast in my experience, for getting a conference offer.

1. Which Region your in, its going to be extremely difficult to get into the PAC-10 with Western Kentucky, but I heard its possible.

2. Whatever conference you want to join, schedule 3 of your non-conference games against teams from that conference. Been told that you have a better chance of being invited if your playing those teams.

3. Obviously, a team has to be slacking in the conference your going to. Some one or two star c-usa team will almost always bail out for North Texas or a better sun belt team.

4. Prestige just increases your chances because you could possibly replace more teams in a conference. I have noticed though that I have only gotten BCS conference offers at 3 stars or higher with my team's prestige.

Unfortunately, my most recent route was nothing new to this thread. North Texas to C-USA and currently looking for BCS conference.

The two I did before, mostly by simming and doing my own schedules...Kent State to C-USA, and then to Big East with 3 stars and Troy to the WAC, and eventually to the Big 12.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2008, 07:51 AM   #12
Rookie

jgofett's Arena

In 08 I took FIU into the SEC supplanting Ole Miss
Old 08-05-2008, 10:47 AM   #13
MVP

deucepoppi17's Arena

OVR: 11

09 I took FIU into the SEC replacing Vandy after the first season!....i went 10-2, nothing special in the SunBelt.....but Vandy went 1-11
Old 08-05-2008, 11:11 AM   #14
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctdaprince
Is it possible to take a sun belt team up to higher level conference? if so how long would it take?
Three things have to happen... first, you are only eligible for certain conferences based on your team's location. Also, the conference has to be higher prestige than the one you are in (ie you can't move laterally.. like SEC to ACC). Finally, your team prestige has to be higher than the prestige of the team you would be replacing in that conference.

If all these factors are true, then there is a random chance of getting invited at the end of the season.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:29 AM   #15
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

In last yrs NCAA I took ECU from CUSA to the SEC within 3 years. Every yr I had competed in the conf. champ. game, and won it every yr but the 1st. My 3rd season w/ ECU, before moving to the SEC, I played in the Orange bowl and beat Clemson...Then after that victory I was given an invite into the SEC moving Vandy to the CUSA.

I'm in yr 2 w/ ECU in NCAA 09, and so far have been to one conf. champ. gm and losing to Rice, but I am well on my way to another one and my chances are much better.

The big issue for me w/ switching conferences is still seeing my old conference banner on my home field. Last yr when I was in the SEC the CUSA banner was still painted on my home field. I asked would this be fixed for 09 when the developers were taking questions on here, and they were well aware of this bug but said "due to technology restraints, there is no way for them to fix this right now". Maybe 2010....

I was so tired of still seeing that CUSA banner last yr that I only played the away games. I don't know if I'll even accept a conf. invite this yr...maybe I will just to get the achievement, and then reboot a backed up file because I just want to take my Head Coach and get a contract w/ a big and/or struggling program in a BCS conference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2008, 11:42 AM   #16
Rookie

GetBuff's Arena

Is it possible to move Notre Dame into a BCS confernce? Has anyone seen this?

The reason I ask is I am in year 5 of a sim'ed dynasty, and have won the past 2 national championships and didn't get an invite. I was sure the Big 10 would have invited me since I play like 4 teams on my schedule from there but I didn't get one.

Was I just unlucky?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »