Home

Wishbone

This is a discussion on Wishbone within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2008, 07:50 AM   #1
Rookie

Comrade Kirk's Arena

OVR: 2
Wishbone

I know a lot of people say its cheesing if you have to ask but I don't know if this is. I like old school football so I used the playbooks with the wishbone. I started playing online last using Florida and the wishbone. The only reason I use Florida is because if I choose Georgia Tech, Navy or my Kentucky Wildcats I'm going to be going up against a Top 25 team and get hammered since the teams I want are so far out of the top 25. So basically is it cheesing to use the wishbone since its not commonly seen and is it cheesing to use the wishbone with UF(or any other Top 25 team with a mobile QB). Both games I won last night my opponents quit on me, I was up 14-0 and 14-3. The first guy threw a pick I scored on and the second guy gave up a return TD and big yardage on a punt return that put me in scoring position. I don't think I'm cheesing because I do mix up the option with other runs, pa pass (pretty much only on 1st and 2nd downs), and standard short passes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2008, 07:59 AM   #2
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Wishbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade Kirk
I know a lot of people say its cheesing if you have to ask but I don't know if this is. I like old school football so I used the playbooks with the wishbone. I started playing online last using Florida and the wishbone. The only reason I use Florida is because if I choose Georgia Tech, Navy or my Kentucky Wildcats I'm going to be going up against a Top 25 team and get hammered since the teams I want are so far out of the top 25. So basically is it cheesing to use the wishbone since its not commonly seen and is it cheesing to use the wishbone with UF(or any other Top 25 team with a mobile QB). Both games I won last night my opponents quit on me, I was up 14-0 and 14-3. The first guy threw a pick I scored on and the second guy gave up a return TD and big yardage on a punt return that put me in scoring position. I don't think I'm cheesing because I do mix up the option with other runs, pa pass (pretty much only on 1st and 2nd downs), and standard short passes.
I cant say anything man because I havent played ya. Sry. Using the Wishbone isn't the cheese, its when ya Run with Tebow even in sits that dont require him to run or pick the same play over and over. Roll out even when ya dont have to, Keep dropping back until a reciever looks open, etc.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Old 08-05-2008, 08:38 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 34
Re: Wishbone

It isnt "cheesy", but to me, its a personal pet peeve, and kind of silly.

The last thing I want to see when I am playing the gators, is them lined up in Power T, and Wishbone formations.

GRANTED, the Urban Myer, Spread Option offense, is really just the Wing-T, Triple Option Offense run out of the shutgun formation, but for me, its just a matter of principle.

Do what you want in your Dynasty, but when playing online, I like to see people using the offense that the team really runs.

Anything else ruins the authenticity of the game for me, thats just personal preference

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »