Home

Man-to-Man Coverage The Key to Stopping the AI QB in NCAA 09

This is a discussion on Man-to-Man Coverage The Key to Stopping the AI QB in NCAA 09 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2008, 12:52 AM   #73

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Man-to-Man Coverage The Key to Stopping the AI QB in NCAA 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
I'm getting that same feeling the more I play. Too bad too because the game is pretty good. I'll miss you NCAA 09.

As far as the man-to-man thing goes...I'm taking back what I said. I'm playing USF @ UCF (me) and at halftime USF's Grothe is 16-16 passing. This is with 2 CBs, a FS and a SS with MCV ratings of 95, 86, 87 and 84 respectively...on default All-American. But, I don't control my guys so I guess the ratings only matter when I do so. *shrugs*
Thats weird, I dont control my secondary at all unless its to line up on a TE when the LB's are blitzing, other then that the CPU does everything for me and Ive gotten very good results doing this. Sure, there are times where the CPU seems to go nuts, but thats happened once maybe in the last 20 games and that was Sanchez with USC when I was ahead early in the 3rd quarter, so atleast it wasnt some complete scrub.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:09 AM   #74
Rookie

Sheik's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219
Thats weird, I dont control my secondary at all unless its to line up on a TE when the LB's are blitzing, other then that the CPU does everything for me and Ive gotten very good results doing this. Sure, there are times where the CPU seems to go nuts, but thats happened once maybe in the last 20 games and that was Sanchez with USC when I was ahead early in the 3rd quarter, so atleast it wasnt some complete scrub.
Well, I tried to man to man coverage thing....
after I first read about it.

First game, outstanding. My defense played up to what I had expected and recruited.
Second game, more of the same.
Third game...

Utah St. cut me up to the tune of 433 yards with a Redshirt Sophomore QB with an 82 rating.
It's no so much the end result, it's the point that you just CAN'T stop the CPU at times. There's no fix. My corners are rated 89 & 83 respectively, my safeties are 89 and 83
I have two impact players are linebacker at 91 and 89 and my line averages 85 across the front. I EXPECT a good stout defense that can cover the field. What I get

is Utah State shredding me with a Sophomore Quarterback and NO receivers rated higher than 78.

Just doesn't make sense.

10 min quarters on AA, and I HAD previously been getting very normal stats..
Old 08-09-2008, 02:46 AM   #75

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheik
Well, I tried to man to man coverage thing....
after I first read about it.

First game, outstanding. My defense played up to what I had expected and recruited.
Second game, more of the same.
Third game...

Utah St. cut me up to the tune of 433 yards with a Redshirt Sophomore QB with an 82 rating.
It's no so much the end result, it's the point that you just CAN'T stop the CPU at times. There's no fix. My corners are rated 89 & 83 respectively, my safeties are 89 and 83
I have two impact players are linebacker at 91 and 89 and my line averages 85 across the front. I EXPECT a good stout defense that can cover the field. What I get

is Utah State shredding me with a Sophomore Quarterback and NO receivers rated higher than 78.

Just doesn't make sense.

10 min quarters on AA, and I HAD previously been getting very normal stats..
Thats unfortunate but I wouldnt throw in the towel just yet, maybe you just had one of those "what the ****" type of games and it will get back to what you were seeing previously. This game can be VERY frustrating at times, and in a lot of ways Im starting to find that I have to force myself to play instead of wanting to play like it has been in years past.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »