Home

online cheese

This is a discussion on online cheese within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2008, 04:36 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
online cheese

why does everyone online cheese its so annyoing
they run around with their qb and just bomb it down field and magically catch it

everyone is always the same teams so they can cheese it up with their 99 speed guy or 99 overall qb and bomb it past everyone or use a team thats 99 overall and act like they are the second coming of jesus

all these guys with good records are just a bunch of cheesers where are all the legit players
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2008, 04:43 PM   #2
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: online cheese

You know you should not stereotype. I use OU a lot and play straight up, but rather than complaining about people cheesing you should look into stopping it. It is not easy and can be frustrating, but what else can you do?

I am pretty sim, although I have gotten pretty good at user catching now. I was in the top 20/10 last year for majority of the season.

Youtube
Old 08-05-2008, 04:51 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmass222
why does everyone online cheese its so annyoing
they run around with their qb and just bomb it down field and magically catch it

everyone is always the same teams so they can cheese it up with their 99 speed guy or 99 overall qb and bomb it past everyone or use a team thats 99 overall and act like they are the second coming of jesus

all these guys with good records are just a bunch of cheesers where are all the legit players
It's Ncaa. There has never been any legit players on Ncaa. What were you thinking. It's been like that for years.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:52 PM   #4
Have you seen my baseball

BlyGilmore's Arena

OVR: 44

well i'd say more times than not, in every sports game, that stereotype is true far more times than it isn't.

part of the problems is no accountability. there are thousands of people online and very little chance of your complaints resulting in nobody wanting to play the guy.

part of the problem is EA and 2K Sports. They've done very little over the years to persuade people to stop doing this nonsense. EA helped things a little with the fair play stuff, but that didn't help guys using money plays and other cheddar moves.

and the team issue has been like that for as long as i can remember. people like playing with powerhouses because it makes them feel like a powerhouse. same thing goes for certain skill players ala Mike Vick in Madden all those years.

the only true solution is to find a league, create a league or start some kind of club. Tell folks what you expect game play wise up front and try to find some folks who are looking to play the game the same way you want to.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:08 PM   #5
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlyGilmore
well i'd say more times than not, in every sports game, that stereotype is true far more times than it isn't.

part of the problems is no accountability. there are thousands of people online and very little chance of your complaints resulting in nobody wanting to play the guy.

part of the problem is EA and 2K Sports. They've done very little over the years to persuade people to stop doing this nonsense. EA helped things a little with the fair play stuff, but that didn't help guys using money plays and other cheddar moves.

and the team issue has been like that for as long as i can remember. people like playing with powerhouses because it makes them feel like a powerhouse. same thing goes for certain skill players ala Mike Vick in Madden all those years.

the only true solution is to find a league, create a league or start some kind of club. Tell folks what you expect game play wise up front and try to find some folks who are looking to play the game the same way you want to.
Well, some players are legit. You shouldn't just stereotype like that.

I'd also like to know some of your guys' definition of cheesing? If they run the same 2-3 plays all game and you can't stop it. That is kind of your own fault, unless it is a glitch play. I try to use as many different plays and formations as possible, but at the same time, I try to win too. If you stay in Cover 2 Zone all game, you better believe I am attacking you with screens and Vertical Routes. If you stay in 2 man under, you better believe I will take advantage of mismatches, crossing routes, curls, outs, etc.

If anyone wants a straight game hit me up. GT-Cardinalbird5

Youtube
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2008, 05:18 PM   #6
MVP

capp34's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
I'd also like to know some of your guys' definition of cheesing?
That the million dollar question?

What up cards I know you remember me from choops.

Kings of the Kourt Commissioner

KOTK Discord - https://discord.gg/Swj5cJe
Old 08-05-2008, 05:24 PM   #7
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by capp34
That the million dollar question?

What up cards I know you remember me from choops.
Yeah dude I remember you too. I had Lazy and all them dudes on my FL, but haven't seen lazy on forever. I am just trying to enjoy some NCAA football, but Choops will always be the best game.

Are you doing any online dynasties or what? I'll add you to my FL.

Youtube
Old 08-05-2008, 05:33 PM   #8
MVP

capp34's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
Yeah dude I remember you too. I had Lazy and all them dudes on my FL, but haven't seen lazy on forever. I am just trying to enjoy some NCAA football, but Choops will always be the best game.

Are you doing any online dynasties or what? I'll add you to my FL.
Yea since choops died a lot of our community has died off as well.
But add me so we can get some good games in.

Kings of the Kourt Commissioner

KOTK Discord - https://discord.gg/Swj5cJe

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »