Home

What is the "bug" with super sim?

This is a discussion on What is the "bug" with super sim? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2008, 11:01 PM   #1
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24
What is the "bug" with super sim?

The forum search doesn't like me searching "sim", so I apologize for the post. I've heard the super sim features is broken. What exactly is wrong with it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2008, 11:57 PM   #2
MVP

Jonesey's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: What is the "bug" with super sim?

IMO, and it may not be correct, but time does not run off the clock. It takes roughly 8 seconds to run a play no matter the result.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:59 PM   #3

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Time does run off the clock because I use it for every punt or kickoff return for both the CPU and myself. I havent heard anything about a glitch or bug with it.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:02 AM   #4
MVP

Jonesey's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219
Time does run off the clock because I use it for every punt or kickoff return for both the CPU and myself. I havent heard anything about a glitch or bug with it.
only the time for the play though, not anything extra like if it was 1st and 10 then a 2 yard run the clock would stop when the play ended, instead of running like it would if you were playing.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:08 AM   #5

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey
only the time for the play though, not anything extra like if it was 1st and 10 then a 2 yard run the clock would stop when the play ended, instead of running like it would if you were playing.
Gotcha, I wouldnt know that since I only use it for one play at a time and its always a dead ball situation after that one play so I dont have to worry about it. If thats the case then that would explain why I havent seen it yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2008, 12:09 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

On the next gen version the super sim feature only gives an appropriate number of plays if you are playing 5 minute quarters.

For example: I like to play 9 minute quarters. I'm smoking some MAC team with Michigan and I sim to end from the middle of the third quarter. The score ends up at 120-30 and it turns out that I ran 110 plays in the game when the average is about 70 per team in a real college game. The problem is that the length of the quarter is not taken into account, the sim engine does not adjust the amount of plays that should be happening due to the current quarter length. Its been a while since played the next gen version but I believe it does not run any time off between plays.

Its a ridiculous bug that is literally a few lines of code to fix. The fact that it was not fixed from the 08 version basically told me what I needed to know about how their process works over at EA. Another asanine thing is the fact that there is only one camera angle to play with. Ask someone who has worked with 3D graphics how long it takes to add more. We're on the 3rd iteration of the game on next gen and there is one camera. The game costs 60 bucks. Something is very wrong.

Anyways sorry about the rant. The Super Sim works fine on the PS2. If you want to see more about the problem, I might not have explained it well but heres a link to another related post.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2038511428
Old 08-06-2008, 12:15 AM   #7
Rookie

thatruth22's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aciatti
On the next gen version the super sim feature only gives an appropriate number of plays if you are playing 5 minute quarters.

For example: I like to play 9 minute quarters. I'm smoking some MAC team with Michigan and I sim to end from the middle of the third quarter. The score ends up at 120-30 and it turns out that I ran 110 plays in the game when the average is about 70 per team in a real college game. The problem is that the length of the quarter is not taken into account, the sim engine does not adjust the amount of plays that should be happening due to the current quarter length. Its been a while since played the next gen version but I believe it does not run any time off between plays.

Its a ridiculous bug that is literally a few lines of code to fix. The fact that it was not fixed from the 08 version basically told me what I needed to know about how their process works over at EA. Another asanine thing is the fact that there is only one camera angle to play with. Ask someone who has worked with 3D graphics how long it takes to add more. We're on the 3rd iteration of the game on next gen and there is one camera. The game costs 60 bucks. Something is very wrong.

Anyways sorry about the rant. The Super Sim works fine on the PS2. If you want to see more about the problem, I might not have explained it well but heres a link to another related post.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2038511428
To add to this, it might just be me. But there are way to many turnovers by the comp team lol. I mean a ton of picks and fumbles lost.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:07 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Numerous times, I've watched kickoffs using super sim and the clock never starts. I scored once to take the lead with 8 seconds left. My team kicked off, they returned the ball to midfield then started their drive with 8 seconds still on the clock.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »