Home

OMT or Future, where's our FIELD DEGRADATION??

This is a discussion on OMT or Future, where's our FIELD DEGRADATION?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2008, 11:58 AM   #57
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: OMT or Future, where's our FIELD DEGRADATION??

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Field doesn't look too bad from this shot
When was that taken during the game? The first half was a monsoon the second half the sun came out. It wasn't as bad as the Steelers game, but you could see wear and tear in the field. Unlike in NCAA 2009 where it does not get that bad at all on any spots of the field.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:34 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
No, the issue Madden is having is due to a bug. The degradation we are seeing on NCAA is how the art director wanted it.
oh, i stand corrected. well if the art director wanted it so subtle u cant even see it, then why bother putting it in at all and calling it a feature?

that still doesnt explain steelerspartans pics a few pgs back on UCLA bruins field in 4th quarter vs the community day pics.

there was clear degradation on the community day pic, but on steelerspartans pic, there is none. that doesnt raise any eyebrows to you or the art director???
Old 08-07-2008, 01:36 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by o Mass Murda o
oh, i stand corrected. well if the art director wanted it so subtle u cant even see it, then why bother putting it in at all and calling it a feature?

that still doesnt explain steelerspartans pics a few pgs back on UCLA bruins field in 4th quarter vs the community day pics.

there was clear degradation on the community day pic, but on steelerspartans pic, there is none. that doesnt raise any eyebrows to you or the art director???
agreed that is why i wish someone would post a quarter 1 pic of a rain game, then a 4th quarter pic of the same game and compare. I think we would see zero degrade.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:41 PM   #60
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
Heres a comparison of that community day shot to my upload pic..4th qrt

OMT, this is what im referring to...can he explain this difference?? same field side by side....community day pic vs. retail copy of same field in 4th quarter.

if this can be explained to us, then maybe we'd understand. i think most of us concurred that there is no degradation shown here on that field in the 4th qtr.

the community day pic shows a worn field. the retail copy pic in the 4th qtr shows a perfect field. is there something we're not seeing here OMT?

Last edited by o Mass Murda o; 08-07-2008 at 01:43 PM.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:41 PM   #61
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:

The community day build was an in progress build, just like the demo. If those builds showed more than final, it is because the Art Director felt that it needed to be toned down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2008, 01:42 PM   #62
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
OMT, this is what im referring to...can he explain this difference?? same field side by side....community day pic vs. retail copy of same field in 4th quarter.

if this can be explained to us, then maybe we'd understand. i think most of us concurred that there is no degradation shown here on that field in the 4th qtr.
I can't see the second photo. It is just a box with an X in it.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:42 PM   #63
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
The community day build was an in progress build, just like the demo. If those builds showed more than final, it is because the Art Director felt that it needed to be toned down.
Toned down to the point it's non existent?
Old 08-07-2008, 01:45 PM   #64
Pro

Agree. The bottom line is there is NO degradation whatsoever in NCAA 09. It's not so called subtle degradation, it called ZERO degradation. Subtle degradation was in 07 and 08 but there isn't squat in 09.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »