Home

I think I've given up on trying to make this realistic

This is a discussion on I think I've given up on trying to make this realistic within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
NHL 21 Realistic Sliders and Settings (Part One)
Madden 21 Next-Gen Breakdown and Chat - The Franchise Mode
NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Review - Setting the Standard On a New Console Once Again
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 05:06 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
I think I've given up on trying to make this realistic

Seriously. This square peg into a round hole strategy just isn't worth my frustration anymore. So, I think I'm going back to my old school roots of Tecmo Super Bowl and just going to try and have fun with this game any way I can, realism be damned.

Maybe we're so hung up on realism in our sports video games now because they LOOK infinitely more realistic, so we put those same expectations on the AI? Which clearly has not advanced in the same way.

So screw it. I'll play on Heisman, hell maybe I'll even mess with the sliders a tiny bit. But as far as how I play, and how I expect the CPU to play, it's just not worth my frustration anymore. I'm going home tonight, I'm firing up my dynasty, and I'm playing just to have fun. I may score 50, I may give up 50, but I'm not worrying about how it happens anymore. If EA Sports has decided that their version of football is somewhere in between Front Page Sports Football and NFL Blitz, so be it. But video games should not get me this frustrated. It's time to just sit back and have fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2008, 05:58 PM   #2
MVP

deucepoppi17's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: I think I've given up on trying to make this realistic

Wow....this isn't the NFL where the score is always 17-10.....depending what u think "realistic" college football is, u made need to realize it really is a video game?
Old 08-06-2008, 06:17 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

I'll say it before and I'll say it again. You can't determine what's realistic by a small sample size. Granted I don't think NCAA 2009 is that realistic, I also don't see my stats being that far off either with my sliders. Once the sliders are patched they will be even closer.

For example, I played Colorado St. vs. Colorado. 1st game, defensive battle 14-14 at the end of regulation. Next game, same sliders. 49-24 Colorado. Which one is realistic? Well both really.

But now you are getting it, its a game, have fun with it and regardless of stats, just choose a slider set that gives you a challenge with 2 equally rated teams.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:18 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 16

A) Its a video game so every1 plays at dif skill levels so its very hard for some1 to create a game made just for your skills...this new madden thing might work for ya tho

B) As you said its a game so stop trying to make it something its not and just play it for what it is. If you still cant stand it turn it in for madden

2K sports...the only place where such things as errors can be "over looked" while making a baseball game.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:19 PM   #5
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucepoppi17
Wow....this isn't the NFL where the score is always 17-10.....depending what u think "realistic" college football is, u made need to realize it really is a video game?
I realize it is a video game. It is just sad that it is a REALLY BAD video game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2008, 08:03 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 18

I have been doing this since NCAA 06. Default everything and having a blast.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:26 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 34

I got to a point where I just settled on a slider set and finally just decided that I am going to stop trying to fight the game, and play it the best way that it will let me.

You know what? My enjoyment level skyrocketed, and my online game improved by leaps and bounds, as I just simply decided to adapt with what I had to work with.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:09 AM   #8
Rookie

oChaos_Nine's Arena

OVR: 11

Adapt...Ha! Wanna see adapting? You should see my dynasty depth chart. QB speed - 98, 96 OVR. RB speed - 97, 96 OVR. WR speed 99, 92 OVR.

I've decided that the way for me to have fun with this game is to recruit speed and burn em up and down the field. WIDE OPEN GAMEPLAY FTW!

/sarcasm
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »