Home

NCAA needs a "throw away" mechanic

This is a discussion on NCAA needs a "throw away" mechanic within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2008, 08:34 AM   #33
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NCAA needs a "throw away" mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroice
You can lead the ball to go where you want it to go..Example throw the ball and while its in flight push the right stick where you would like the ball to go...Push it down and it will be thrown to his feet or wherever else you have the stick pointed.. Play with the sensitivity in practice and you should be fine
I think everyone here knows that. But the pass leading isn't sensitive enough to let you throw the ball away by chucking it 10 yards over a receiver's head or lobbing it out the back of the end zone.

You can lead a receiver, sure, but the ball will generally be on the mark, where it might be picked off, batted down, caught or dropped.

There should be a pass lead sensitivity slider or another mechanic that gives us more control over passing.

Last edited by Strummer101er; 08-08-2008 at 08:37 AM.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:58 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: NCAA needs a "throw away" mechanic

personally, i wish they would give us more options. IMO there should be an option to let the qb ability dictate how well he leads or throws behind the WR pending coverage. IMO, a great college qb should be able to throw into double coverage without being an auto INT like it is on this game. he should automatically put the ball where only his guy can catch it thus reducing the chances of a catch at all and greatly reducing the chances of an INT. this is where ratings for both the QB and the WR could really come into play BESIDES just speed and size. If you had a great QB throwing to a GREAT WR (great hands and spectacular catch and traffic catch) then you should see a huge advantage in "forcing" passes to him without risk of INT.

Now I am NOT talking about chucking it deep into double coverage folks as no QB can pinpoint a lofted ball but I am talking about reasonable length passes (which would also give additional reason to not drop back 20 yards before chucking it).

IMO, if EA did something like this where the distance the ball traveled and the rating of the QB had a major factor on complete/incomplete and INT I think the game would be GREATLY improved! This would give a HUGE reason to recruit the bigger/slower possession WR with great hands as well as the precision passer with concrete feet. as of today I feel virtually no reason to put an 90 rated WR on the field with 87 speed versus a 73 rated WR with 98 speed. I will go with speed every time regardless of anything else.

Also, bad QBs should lead to more incompletetion without INTS which is not the case now. When you get a bad pass animation now its ridiculous and almost always picked.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »