Home

Question about PS2 version

This is a discussion on Question about PS2 version within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2008, 11:46 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Question about PS2 version

Ok, I have a question for anyone that owns the PS2 version of this game. I have been playing NCAA since around '02, so for a long time now. This is the first year I have yet to play the new game. I just graduated college and started working and am a little more busy than usual, but as football season approaches I want to play the game. I owned a PS3 and the NCAA version for it last year and enjoyed the game very much. However I no longer have my PS3, but do have a PS2.

Basically Im asking will the PS2 version be worth buying for me.. or will i just be completely dissapointed after playing the PS3 version last year? Since I didn't play 08 for PS2 but did play 07, what are the main differences as far as the dynasty mode is concerned? Is recruiting similar to the next gen style or still like it was in 07? Have the graphics improved?

Oh and one other big question I had was when editing players, can you now edit the class like in next gen?

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2008, 12:44 PM   #2
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Question about PS2 version

1. I have the ps3 and PREFER the ps2 version. Concerning gameplay, there's just no comparison. I also had last year's ps2 version and can say that this year's game is a solid improvement.
  2. Dynasty is much deeper than the ps3's version, and is improved over last year's ps2 version. They've included a strength of schedule index and strongest conference index along with the other polls and fixed the promise glitch. Recruiting is the same as last year's ps2 version, but the ratings of frosh have improved. Some top 10 players, esp. RB, seem to rate 84-87; also, the speed of TE and FB seems improved.
  3. You can turn off HFA, which is good, but can't toggle off JTS, which SUCKS. You can negate the CPU's abuse of it, however, but turning False Start penalties to about 20 and varying snap counts. Works great for me.
  4. I do believe you can edit class, but not 100% sure on that.
  5. I've had all 4 versions the last 2 years (ps2 & 360 last year, ps2 & ps3 this year), and can say that this year's ps2 version is far and away -- NO COMPARISON -- the best of the four. Buy it and enjoy.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:53 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

I also recommend the PS2 version. The dynasty mode is deep and the game plays a realistic breed of video football.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:44 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thanks for the help. I think I'm going to pick up a copy in the next few days. One other quick question though. How are the roster files for the ps2 version? Can anyone give me any advice as to the best one?
Old 08-07-2008, 03:11 PM   #5
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12

I really like how the camera angle changes during kickoff and punt returns in the ps2 version (last year had it too).
It's like it goes to a first person perspective, which has more of a next gen feel to it. I was very surprised that the game actually felt like they improved it and didn't just do a roster update.

Also the players don't look so strange from the default camera angle as they do in the next gen EA games. Some say it's the next gen camera angle, but I think the models are not right. Their legs look too short or something.

In my opinion if you took this game and gave it next gen graphics it would top the next gen version.

Last edited by xylocaine; 08-07-2008 at 03:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2008, 03:16 PM   #6
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

I have the 360, PS3, and PS2 version and I'm playing a dynasty on the PS2 version if that tells you anything.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:35 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Basically it sounds like if you liked and played the previous ps2 versions then you will enjoy this one, which sounds good to me. This post actually helps me out a lot, I was thinking about waiting until my paycheck next friday to go get a ps3, but I guess now I can wait a little longer until NBA 2k9 comes out. Thanks
Old 08-07-2008, 05:47 PM   #8
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16

Can you play CPU vs. CPU in the PS2 version?
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
EPL: Liverpool Reds

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »