Home

Pay 60$ and Wait Sucks

This is a discussion on Pay 60$ and Wait Sucks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2008, 03:36 PM   #9
MVP

capp34's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Pay 60$ and Wait Sucks

You can abuse the CPU in every sports game that has ever been made. I really dont see the point of whining about this sort of thing.
If I wanted to score 100 points with Kobe on NBA 2k I can but I dont I play the game how its supposed to be played...Thats what we call sim gamers.

Kings of the Kourt Commissioner

KOTK Discord - https://discord.gg/Swj5cJe
Old 08-08-2008, 03:57 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by capp34
You can abuse the CPU in every sports game that has ever been made. I really dont see the point of whining about this sort of thing.
If I wanted to score 100 points with Kobe on NBA 2k I can but I dont I play the game how its supposed to be played...Thats what we call sim gamers.
How do you sim defense buddy? I mean, if their is no defense that you can call to stop the CPU pass (and EA admits that the Zone coverages are broken) and you can't controll all the Defensive players on the field at the same time then how are we to get a good sim experience?? Yea you can slow them down and let them dink and dunk you until they kick a field goal and I can take a CB and shut down one of their WR (maybe two if I switch quickly enough) all game but they will inevitabley check the ball down and take their 5 yrds. all they way up the field. You don't see that at reall college games. I even saw a thread on here that said to only play man defense and you would see better results. Well that is sad that I have to cut out 50% of my Def. playbook just to see negligible results. And you can forget about blitzes that pressures the QB because that stone wall of and Offensive line playing for Northern Illinois is sure to shut down Georgia LB's everytime. And I know what you will say. I am not good or I should turn down the difficulty but you have to play on Heisman to hold yourself back from scoring in the 80s everygame. Its enough to drive me to drinkin
Old 08-08-2008, 04:01 PM   #11
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhomes24
How do you sim defense buddy? I mean, if their is no defense that you can call to stop the CPU pass (and EA admits that the Zone coverages are broken) and you can't controll all the Defensive players on the field at the same time then how are we to get a good sim experience?? Yea you can slow them down and let them dink and dunk you until they kick a field goal and I can take a CB and shut down one of their WR (maybe two if I switch quickly enough) all game but they will inevitabley check the ball down and take their 5 yrds. all they way up the field. You don't see that at reall college games. I even saw a thread on here that said to only play man defense and you would see better results. Well that is sad that I have to cut out 50% of my Def. playbook just to see negligible results. And you can forget about blitzes that pressures the QB because that stone wall of and Offensive line playing for Northern Illinois is sure to shut down Georgia LB's everytime. And I know what you will say. I am not good or I should turn down the difficulty but you have to play on Heisman to hold yourself back from scoring in the 80s everygame. Its enough to drive me to drinkin
Try it against florida or michigan, see if it works, wyoming sucks, but then again how do u rate a team 99 in offense defense and overall, does that mean every player on OSU and georgia is a 99 rated player???????????? EA what are you thinking no team or player should ever be rated that high..

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER

Last edited by rockchisler; 08-08-2008 at 04:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2008, 04:05 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
Try it against florida or michigan, see if it works, wyoming sucks, but then again how do u rate a team 99 in offense defense and overall, does that mean every player on OSU and georgia is a 99 rated player???????????? EA what are you thinking no team or player should ever be rated that high..
So does Michigan... but he was using Wyoming and playing Ohio St.
Old 08-08-2008, 04:11 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 2

My whole point of this thread was to illustrate that a 7yr. old could see what an entire staff of game testers could not. That is if NCAA 2009 was ever tested at all because when things as basic as sliders don't even function you begin to wonder.
Old 08-08-2008, 04:14 PM   #14
MVP

capp34's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Im not saying you are not good but There are people that are better in video games than others just like in sports and everything else in life.

The game gives you tools to be successful..you have to use them.Safety shifts...denfinsive hot routes...double coverage...Its all about adjustments. If you think you are going to pick a play and then come out without making any adjustments and stop ANYONE you are in for a rude awakening.

Question when you watch football and the defensive team comes out of the huddle do you think they run exactly what the coach called? I dont think so...The players on the field make adjustments after they see what the Offense has came out in. The goal is to disguise what your doing. If I wanted to play a cover 2 zone I would come out of the huddle in anything but a cover 2. Then I would audible to the cover 2. Doing something that minor makes the game more enjoyable and fun.

I know there are some Issues with the Im not trying to defend that but somethings are way way way over exaggerated.

Kings of the Kourt Commissioner

KOTK Discord - https://discord.gg/Swj5cJe
Old 08-08-2008, 04:51 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
My whole point of this thread was to illustrate that a 7yr. old could see what an entire staff of game testers could not. That is if NCAA 2009 was ever tested at all because when things as basic as sliders don't even function you begin to wonder.

I think EA testers know the game can be exploited everyone knows that.

The key is don't run the exact same play non stop
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2008, 04:53 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Does anyone have any idea when the 2nd patch is coming?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »