Home

I hope EA is proud of themselves...

This is a discussion on I hope EA is proud of themselves... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2008, 12:33 PM   #1
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19
I hope EA is proud of themselves...

and I know there are several guys here that like 09, but EA has progressively gotten worse since next-gen and getting exclusive rights. I can't believe how Percy Harvin can run full speed in the backfield for ten seconds running in complete circles without ever letting up and still break a big run after running 20 or so yards backwards in the backfield. I also love how Tebow can be wrapped up by two defenders and on his way to the ground and make the perfect pitch to a man on the run 5-7 yds away from him. GENIUS! Who'd have ever thought of that? I've also never seen the defense so stripped of awareness and spd. It is horrible.

WIDE OPEN GAMEPLAY = NCAA STREET. It's total BS. I was worried when they were advertising this because the producers from the interviews looked like they didn't have an athletic bone in their bodies and it reflects on game play. This is no slight at Adam, he's doing a fine job and it's not his fault. It's the big decision makers that have problems. Just imagine if Adam and some of these guys weren't around and all these glitches/bugs were happening. There would be anarchy this year.

I'm sure this will get locked and I'll get an infraction but this is a message board and I'm venting some frustration. I haven't said anything negative about 09 yet so I could form an opininion and it's bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2008, 12:38 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 34
Re: I hope EA is proud of themselves...

Anyone have a dead horse that needs beaten?
Old 08-08-2008, 12:44 PM   #3
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Anyone have a dead horse that needs beaten?

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 08-08-2008, 12:51 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

sure its been said over and over but what the OP said is true
Old 08-08-2008, 01:04 PM   #5
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

They seem to be trying to get on the right track. This years series looks more promising than the last few years. Once NCAA is patched everything will be right with the world.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2008, 01:07 PM   #6
Pro

acarrero's Arena

OVR: 10

You guys need to learn how to play defense! You're either too lazy or too offensive-minded to play good D. I keep hearing how 09 is too offense-driven and how rolling out with a fast QB is unstoppable. BS! (BTW, Percy was more unstoppable in 08.) With the amount of defensive plays and schemes available, plus how easy it is to intercept a pass, there is no offense I feel that I can't stop in 09. If I can contain West Virginia with Rice, defense in this game is easier than real life. I focus on forcing the QB into a pocket, easily achieved with the right strategy. I agree that a handful of players in the game are a bit too fast, but you can still contain those players by doubling them all the time and/or having a safety play deep on him.

The crossing routes can be contained with the right defense. The deep ball can be contained with the right defense, the screen passes can be shut down with the right defense, the scrambles can be stopped with the right strategy. You have to keep the other player guessing, if you call a defense that is designed to stop crossing routes, you can still get burned with a really good deep threat, but that's college football! If an offense has too many threats on offense, then guess what, they're probably unstoppable in real life too. You have to gamble, you have to guess right to have success on defense and defend against big plays as much as possible. But don't tell me it's so hard to get 3-and-outs in NCAA 09.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:12 PM   #7
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by acarrero
You guys need to learn how to play defense! You're either too lazy or too offensive-minded to play good D. I keep hearing how 09 is too offense-driven and how rolling out with a fast QB is unstoppable. BS! (BTW, Percy was more unstoppable in 08.) With the amount of defensive plays and schemes available, plus how easy it is to intercept a pass, there is no offense I feel that I can't stop in 09. If I can contain West Virginia with Rice, defense in this game is easier than real life. I focus on forcing the QB into a pocket, easily achieved with the right strategy. I agree that a handful of players in the game are a bit too fast, but you can still contain those players by doubling them all the time and/or having a safety play deep on him.

The crossing routes can be contained with the right defense. The deep ball can be contained with the right defense, the screen passes can be shut down with the right defense, the scrambles can be stopped with the right strategy. You have to keep the other player guessing, if you call a defense that is designed to stop crossing routes, you can still get burned with a really good deep threat, but that's college football! If an offense has too many threats on offense, then guess what, they're probably unstoppable in real life too. You have to gamble, you have to guess right to have success on defense and defend against big plays as much as possible. But don't tell me it's so hard to get 3-and-outs in NCAA 09.
What level are you playing on?

And please, enlighten us with the "right" defensive strategy that you are using.

Oh, and you getting realistic results?
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 08-08-2008, 01:21 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by acarrero

Dude, this has nothing to do with "playing defense", have you seen the video clip he was referring to? It was in an earlier post. The pursuit angles and CPU defensive AI is terrible, in the play he is talking about, the HUMAN CONTROLLED RUNNING BACK runs in circles in the backfield about 6 times as the cpu defenders run around in circles, not attempting to tackle him. Even EA acknowledges there are problems with the O and D line interaction, so save your preaching about how great you are and everyone else is just too "lazy" or stupid.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »