Home

Impact Players

This is a discussion on Impact Players within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2008, 10:39 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Impact Players

This may be a dumb question but what exactly are impact players and what sets them apart from the other good members of your team
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2008, 02:09 PM   #2
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Impact Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboy082
This may be a dumb question but what exactly are impact players and what sets them apart from the other good members of your team
Good question.

I tested this out quite a bit in NCAA 08 and again this year, and the only thing I know for certain is that impact players break more tackles than "regular" players. On defense, I think impact players are more likely to cause a turnover.

If you have two RBs with identical ratings across the board, but one is an impact player and the other isn't, you'll notice that the impact player always shrugs off a few more tackles and comes up with big plays the non-impact RB wouldn't pull off.

Just seems like impact players have a little something extra.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:42 PM   #3
Rookie

oChaos_Nine's Arena

OVR: 11

I wanna know how an impact player can lose that status when his performance on the field doesn't change. For example, I got the #1 rated SS and in his junior year he became an impact player. Now in his senior season he's rated a 99 and he isn't an impact player anymore, although he performs on the field like always.

And also, why doesn't my HB who wins the Heisman 3 years in a row only become an impact player his senior season?
Old 08-09-2008, 10:19 PM   #4
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by oChaos_Nine
I wanna know how an impact player can lose that status when his performance on the field doesn't change. For example, I got the #1 rated SS and in his junior year he became an impact player. Now in his senior season he's rated a 99 and he isn't an impact player anymore, although he performs on the field like always.

And also, why doesn't my HB who wins the Heisman 3 years in a row only become an impact player his senior season?
A team can only have three impact players at a time. To lose his status, an impact player has to have a few bad games and another non-impact player has to have a series of good games.

In 08, even if you benched an impact player, it would take a few games before he lost his "impact" status to another player.

So before someone can be promoted to "impact" status, someone else has to lose theirs.

Last edited by Strummer101er; 08-09-2008 at 10:22 PM.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:01 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

In 08 (haven't paid much attention to 09 in the regard yet) it seemed like Impact LB'ers were ALWAYS around the ball...even if they weren't the ones making the tackle. I liked that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2008, 12:06 PM   #6
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

God I hated impact LBs in that game sometimes. Some team in my dynasty ran a 4-2-5 and both the linebackers were impact players. Needless to say they gave me hell all day long.

My Video Game Streams

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »