Home

Give us an NCAA w/ a slider for every attribute

This is a discussion on Give us an NCAA w/ a slider for every attribute within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2008, 06:30 PM   #1
Rookie

razcan's Arena

OVR: 9
Give us an NCAA w/ a slider for every attribute

And the community will return the favor with the best NCAA game of all-time.

It would be perfect. A real crowd pleaser. Let the user have full control. Tweak all the little nuances. No one could complain, they could fix the problems themselves. Only put this feature in NCAA, it will be what differentiates the series from Madden. Madden only guys will have a reason to get NCAA. The ability to tinker with EVERYTHING.

Wide open gameplay? I think its wide open options we need. Would that not end much of the criticism and whining? How fun and rewarding would it be to work on the perfect set of sliders and share it with the community.

This is what we want. Give us our freedom. The has been brought up before. It should be brought up again. And again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2008, 07:53 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Give us an NCAA w/ a slider for every attribute

Even if they implemented it, the sliders probably wouldn't work.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:13 PM   #3
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

Too many variables. Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

Instead, I'd prefer to see working sliders that are more responsive, especially when set to 0 or 100.

If they absolutely have to add new sliders, I'd like to see a QB Awareness slider, which would determine how quickly the CPU gets rid of the ball, and a Pass Coverage slider.

One last note: "Perfect sliders" are a myth. No one can come up with one set of sliders that'll work for everyone. It's a personal thing that has to be tailored to your skill level, playing style, the caliber of the team you're using, and so on.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:25 AM   #4
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer101er
Too many variables. Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

Instead, I'd prefer to see working sliders that are more responsive, especially when set to 0 or 100.
I agree 100%. I have played other games that do have a zillion sliders, and it gets messy. Especially if the sliders are vague and/or have overlapping effects....or ineffective at all.

I do wish the developers would spend a little more time making sure sliders work though:

1. They should be effective. At 0 or 100, the effect should be extreme..to the extent that no one would want it. That assures there would be something in between that would make everyone happy.

2. The slider should be explained in the manual. One of the more common types of threads these days on OS are people working to decipher and explain exactly what the sliders do.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:38 AM   #5
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

For one, they could seperate QB accuracy and QB throw power...

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2008, 01:45 PM   #6
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by razcan
And the community will return the favor with the best NCAA game of all-time.

It would be perfect. A real crowd pleaser. Let the user have full control. Tweak all the little nuances. No one could complain, they could fix the problems themselves. Only put this feature in NCAA, it will be what differentiates the series from Madden. Madden only guys will have a reason to get NCAA. The ability to tinker with EVERYTHING.

Wide open gameplay? I think its wide open options we need. Would that not end much of the criticism and whining? How fun and rewarding would it be to work on the perfect set of sliders and share it with the community.

This is what we want. Give us our freedom. The has been brought up before. It should be brought up again. And again.
100% agree. I said it in another thread, but it's simply not possible for a game to have too many options. EA could take a huge burden off of their backs and produce a better game at the same time if they just gave the user the options to tweak the game however we want to.

More options = more happy consumers. Can you imagine how great this game would be if you could tinker with...

...recruiting difficulty?
...game speed?
...conference alignment?
...referee blown call tendencies?
...fatigue effect?

And on and on and on. The game would be so much better if WE had control over most of it.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Old 08-10-2008, 01:47 PM   #7
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
100% agree. I said it in another thread, but it's simply not possible for a game to have too many options. EA could take a huge burden off of their backs and produce a better game at the same time if they just gave the user the options to tweak the game however we want to.

More options = more happy consumers. Can you imagine how great this game would be if you could tinker with...

...recruiting difficulty?
...game speed?
...conference alignment?
...referee blown call tendencies?
...fatigue effect?

And on and on and on. The game would be so much better if WE had control over most of it.
Tendencies like choops and nba2k8 would be nice too.
Old 08-10-2008, 01:47 PM   #8
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
For one, they could seperate QB accuracy and QB throw power...
that would be a good start....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »