Home

Dynasty position changes: speed

This is a discussion on Dynasty position changes: speed within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-12-2008, 12:39 PM   #17
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Dynasty position changes: speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I'm not sure lol. But the mags approach may work for you.
Actually, his fix would absolutely not work for me. My WR had coverage ratings in the 40s and that's why I didn't make him my CB. If I use his work around, then I'll end up with a CB with 40 ZCV and MCV ratings which certainly wouldn't work.

I'll have to experiment with this and check it out. If the CPU thinks that my 77 WR would make a 78 CB, he must have some decent CB-like stats when he's a CB (which I imagine would have to include good coverage skills) so maybe those will increase when I make him a CB (by going directly from WR -> CB instead of going to QB first).
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-12-2008, 04:43 PM   #18
MVP

TheGame8544's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Actually, his fix would absolutely not work for me. My WR had coverage ratings in the 40s and that's why I didn't make him my CB. If I use his work around, then I'll end up with a CB with 40 ZCV and MCV ratings which certainly wouldn't work.

I'll have to experiment with this and check it out. If the CPU thinks that my 77 WR would make a 78 CB, he must have some decent CB-like stats when he's a CB (which I imagine would have to include good coverage skills) so maybe those will increase when I make him a CB (by going directly from WR -> CB instead of going to QB first).
Correct. Some positions are better than other to transfer directly without doing the CB thing. WR to CB, LE to RE, OL changes simply lower the awareness I believe. Oh and WR to HB works fine too with zero changes. But HB to FB lowers speed and FS to SS, and vice versa , are problem areas. LB to DE also does not work. This is when Mags idea works almost perfectly. It is still ridiculous that a FS moving to SS would take such a ratings hit, but oh well. At least using Mags strategy you can keep the spd, strength, etc.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:58 AM   #19
Rookie

oChaos_Nine's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:

Probably the reason why he's still good at the CB position is because of his OVR, SPD, CTH, and JMP. Things like that are CB-like qualities so the CPU sees that he might be good even though his coverage ratings suck.

For example, I moved one of my WR's to TE and he was like a 90 OVR TE. The reason being was because of his speed, his route running ability, and catching ability. But his blocking ratings were somewhere in the 50's.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:44 AM   #20
Rookie

mags77's Arena

OVR: 4

Sorry lads, one thing I forgot to point out, I'm a dinosaur still using the ps2, which doesn't have the same ratings as ps3/360 ie. man/zone coverage ratings, special catch etc. This will obviously affect cb and wr ratings.

My bad.

Glad I could help anyway.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:13 AM   #21
Rookie

razcan's Arena

OVR: 9

The QB/MLB workaround will work for online dynasties? Backing out and saving?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 11:41 AM   #22
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I just did a couple of experiments. I went back to my "end of 2008" save and went to position changes. Greg Mathews is an 89 WR who could be changed into a 90 CB. His MCV and ZCV ratings are only 50.

1. I changed him directly to CB. He was 90 OVR, and his other ratings didn't seem to change (SPD, CATCH, MCV, ZCV) so he was still a 90 CB who evidently couldn't cover a tackle.

2. I tried it Mags' way. I made him a QB. Backed out. Then I moved him from QB -> CB. The interesting thing here was that he then became an 80 CB which means that I actually lost 10 overall points for him by going to a QB first.

In summary here are the 2 changes I did:
89 WR -> 90 CB (most ratings didn't change including his very poor coverage ratings)
89 WR -> 40 QB -> 80 CB (lost a TON of overall rating).
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-13-2008, 11:56 AM   #23
Return of the Blake

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
In summary here are the 2 changes I did:
89 WR -> 90 CB (most ratings didn't change including his very poor coverage ratings)
89 WR -> 40 QB -> 80 CB (lost a TON of overall rating).
The QB way would result in an awareness of 40 for him which would suck for a CB so I'm not that surprised. I think it would be better to do it for a young player and hope through training and experience he would gain that awareness back to an acceptable level.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:05 AM   #24
Rookie

mags77's Arena

OVR: 4

This obviously doesn't work for every position. It seems the CB-WR change doesn't cause a drop in the players ratings, where as other position changes (lb to de, fs to ss, s to cb, hb to fb etc.) do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »