Home

Dynasty position changes: speed

This is a discussion on Dynasty position changes: speed within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2008, 05:41 AM   #1
MVP

TheGame8544's Arena

OVR: 11
Dynasty position changes: speed

Can anyone tell me what is the deal with dynasty when I change a player's position? In the offseason if I move a guy from LB to DE he loses like 15 spd. He goes from an 83 to 70. Anyone had this problem? Is there a workaround? Do they get the speed back?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2008, 08:43 AM   #2
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Dynasty position changes: speed

This was there last year as well (99% sure). I think EA does this to prevent people from moving guy's around to create monster players at certain positions. Its a big of a cover up that I don't like it either. All of the ratings should be global and shouldn't change when you do this. The only thing that should change should be awareness imo.

Heck, I've seen a 5'8" 175 lb. RB that could be converted as a decent DE before. His size should automatically kill him as a DE. Maybe they don't rate strength properly. I don't like it when I move a big HB to FB and he drops a lot of speed. I could be OK with it if they added weight and strength to him but this area does need work.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:54 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yeah, its a cheap work around for poor programing (as the above poster said)

As it is clear this year size and strength dont matter (especially in the D-line) the only factor that does is speed.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:31 AM   #4
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoots711
Yeah, its a cheap work around for poor programing (as the above poster said)

As it is clear this year size and strength dont matter (especially in the D-line) the only factor that does is speed.
They've screwed this up for years now. Not only that, but most athletes are only good at one thing, some are true athletes but on last gen you had fast QB/ATH's that had good speed and good enough catch to move to WR. Now, the only way to get someone like that is to get lucky and sign a WR that happens to have good THP etc to have an athlete.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:54 AM   #5
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
They've screwed this up for years now. Not only that, but most athletes are only good at one thing, some are true athletes but on last gen you had fast QB/ATH's that had good speed and good enough catch to move to WR. Now, the only way to get someone like that is to get lucky and sign a WR that happens to have good THP etc to have an athlete.
I'll disagree about the athletes. Last year I had a player that was good at about 5 different positions. He could have been a RB, WR, DB or some other places. I've definitely seen players that can play multiple positions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2008, 10:01 AM   #6
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I'll disagree about the athletes. Last year I had a player that was good at about 5 different positions. He could have been a RB, WR, DB or some other places. I've definitely seen players that can play multiple positions.
As I noted above, I've seen some true athletes but many are limited. They don't have the QB/ATH like they had in the past. The QB/ATH's they have now are QB's that run 4.97 and 5.03 40 times and are strictly QB's with no chance to play any other position but have weak arms and wouldn't be good QB's either.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:06 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

I find very few "true athletes" havnt seen any yet this year.

I cant get a Fb or te rated over a 68 out of the athlete pool...

Athletes i get are 1 of two things

80% of them are wr/cb/ss/fs rated < 80
20% are dline rated < 75

Thats really all i have seen this year.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:41 PM   #8
MVP

TheGame8544's Arena

OVR: 11

Thanks for the response guys. That is a lame workaround. And so what if people want to build a monster team. Isn't a video game for doing things the way you want them? As long as you are not playing online of course.

Do the ratings ever go back up, like after the first season or anything?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »