Home

OMT: Coach names

This is a discussion on OMT: Coach names within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2008, 04:35 PM   #1
Rookie

GKEnialb's Arena

OVR: 5
OMT: Coach names

I know this was asked in part in the midst of the large OMT thread, but it wasn't really answered...

In Dynasty Mode, is there a way to change the name of the coaches of the other teams (not your own, but don't get me started on not being able to name yourself on the Wii version)? Is there a reason that the coach's names aren't supplied? They're not under the same NCAA restrictions as the players, right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2008, 06:38 PM   #2
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: OMT: Coach names

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKEnialb
I know this was asked in part in the midst of the large OMT thread, but it wasn't really answered...

In Dynasty Mode, is there a way to change the name of the coaches of the other teams (not your own, but don't get me started on not being able to name yourself on the Wii version)? Is there a reason that the coach's names aren't supplied? They're not under the same NCAA restrictions as the players, right?
They are not included in the NCAA license. It would be a pretty big task to get real coaches, but it is one we consider every year. I think this has a lot to do with why we haven't invested in coach cut scenes on next gen yet... if we ever get the greenlight to get real coaches then we will be putting that stuff in.

It is something we'd like to do, but it hasn't been in the cards yet.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:59 PM   #3
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKEnialb
In Dynasty Mode, is there a way to change the name of the coaches of the other teams (not your own, but don't get me started on not being able to name yourself on the Wii version)
for an offline dynasty, Go to dynasty setup, then coach positions. you can name the coaches from there.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 08-11-2008, 09:58 PM   #4
Rookie

GKEnialb's Arena

OVR: 5

Cool. Thanks for the quick reply.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:44 AM   #5
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

It would be nice if the coaches' names were in the roster file and could be named once rather than having to redo it for multiple dynasties.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 11:24 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'd love it if you could create a dynasty "blueprint" before having to choose a team first and going through preseason. That way you'd only have to set up the coaches' names and team strategy tendecies once. You'd only have to load up that saved blueprint, choose the team and you're all set.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:26 AM   #7
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

It used to be that way, before you did in-season recruiting. I think it was on old gen that someone named all coaches, set all team strategies, you loaded it, selected yoru team, and off you went

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:26 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 62

Considering 2k was able to do it in their college game (with considerably more coaches) I guess I fail to see why EA hasn't attempted to do the same in their college football game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »