Home

What overall does player need to get in draft?

This is a discussion on What overall does player need to get in draft? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2008, 01:21 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
What overall does player need to get in draft?

How do they correlate to madden ratings? For example, what will my 95 receiver be in Madden? Anyone know?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 05:42 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: What overall does player need to get in draft?

anyone?
Old 08-12-2008, 06:39 PM   #3
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotexas872
How do they correlate to madden ratings? For example, what will my 95 receiver be in Madden? Anyone know?
Hard to say cause it is on Madden's end of things to determine that.

It might not be overall because we don't use overall to determine if a player leaves early. That is based on stats and awards.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:45 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Hard to say cause it is on Madden's end of things to determine that.

It might not be overall because we don't use overall to determine if a player leaves early. That is based on stats and awards.
I've kind of always felt like it should be based on both. I got tired a couple of years ago of seeing my 78 OVR CB leave just because he won the Thorpe and had 85 tackles and 8 picks with 3 TD's. Then he tries to leave early for the NFL but he doesn't even show up in the draft class because he's not even close to NFL level.

Those stats were pretty much out of my control, which is what I didn't like, since INT's have been at zero for about 80 years of me playing NCAA.

To answer the OP, I'm not sure. I don't think its a direct OVR to OVR. I think there is some randomness involved, and it also has heavier weighting on certain attributes.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:36 PM   #5
Rookie

Tig5309's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53
I've kind of always felt like it should be based on both. I got tired a couple of years ago of seeing my 78 OVR CB leave just because he won the Thorpe and had 85 tackles and 8 picks with 3 TD's. Then he tries to leave early for the NFL but he doesn't even show up in the draft class because he's not even close to NFL level.

Those stats were pretty much out of my control, which is what I didn't like, since INT's have been at zero for about 80 years of me playing NCAA.

To answer the OP, I'm not sure. I don't think its a direct OVR to OVR. I think there is some randomness involved, and it also has heavier weighting on certain attributes.
Good point. The CPU tends to accumulate far fewer tackles, especially since human tackles in game count both solo and assists as full tackles. I've had some pretty bad players try and leave because of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 09:42 PM   #6
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotexas872
I've only ever did the Draft Class deal once, because I wanted to draft my 96 OVR stud HB form my NCAA Dynasty. I traded for the #1 Pick and drafted my HB. He went from 96 OVR (NCAA) to 84 OVR (Madden). I dont know if this is an average drop in OVR or not but I was pleased.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 08-12-2008, 10:25 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 20

OMT I am just wondering why going pro or not would be solely based on stats and awards? Like others in this thread have pointed out you could have very low overalls have great statistical years. The factors that should decide whether a player goes or not should be his overall rating, whether that team won a championship or not, what kind of team is returning next year and the team's overall play for that year.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:36 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 7

I noticed last yr that as long as my players were 90 or better over all they got in. That's not a given though cause on one occasion I was following a RB out of GT and was planning on picking him up in the draft. His ovr was 91 but he didn't make the draft. There were an abundance of Rb's that were rated higher than him that year though so I figured his ovr wasn't good enough to make the cut.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »