Home

For all the folks wanting to trade NCAA for Madden: Whoa there fella!

This is a discussion on For all the folks wanting to trade NCAA for Madden: Whoa there fella! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2008, 07:27 PM   #1
Rookie

Darkeus's Arena

OVR: 5
For all the folks wanting to trade NCAA for Madden: Whoa there fella!

So, I just played Madden 09 for the XBox 360 and geezzee.. It really has alot of the same problems NCAA has. I played a full game (now mind you it was at default sliders and on varsity) and what do I see? Lame pass rush, DB's and LB's that can't cover the middle, kickoffs and punt returns that still aren't covered right. Wow, did the NCAA and NFL make a mistake to go all gung ho on that exclusivity contract with EA. I mean, I was 100% completion percentage throughout the first half! Running does work ten times better in Madden but.. It has been said before but we are the beta testers, then they patch it, they promise it will be better and then bang! It sucks again or they fix something and then break something else. I mean look, the Pittsburgh Steelers can't get any pressure on the Browns?? Come on now...

I'll just wait for the 2nd patch for NCAA and go from there. Just gonna end up waiting for a patch for Madden anyway. Well EA, looks like you at least get some of my cash this year. Just not 120 bucks!

So, if anybody else has played Madden the question is: Is Madden even worth trading NCAA for??

The Scarlet and Grey, best team in the land!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 07:44 PM   #2
MVP

I Peench's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: For all the folks wanting to trade NCAA for Madden: Whoa there fella!

I agree with a lot of what you have said. Coverages aren't great (though a lot better than NCAA) and qb completion percentages are way high. There aren't enough dropped balls or inaccurate throws as well. THe problem for me isn't pressure, it is sacks. As the Giants on all madden except pass defense, I have 2 sacks through 5 games, and I blitz a lot. With robo QB, you can get two guys breaking right through the line booking full speed on his blind side and he'll immediately recognize it and dish the rock, squeezing it through double coverage. I have been getting SOME picks this way, but it doesn't work like it should.

As far as kick coverages, I personally see no problems there at all. I think I will prefer NCAA after the patch.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:52 PM   #3
Rookie

Darkeus's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Peench
I agree with a lot of what you have said. Coverages aren't great (though a lot better than NCAA) and qb completion percentages are way high. There aren't enough dropped balls or inaccurate throws as well. THe problem for me isn't pressure, it is sacks. As the Giants on all madden except pass defense, I have 2 sacks through 5 games, and I blitz a lot. With robo QB, you can get two guys breaking right through the line booking full speed on his blind side and he'll immediately recognize it and dish the rock, squeezing it through double coverage. I have been getting SOME picks this way, but it doesn't work like it should.

As far as kick coverages, I personally see no problems there at all. I think I will prefer NCAA after the patch.
Well, kick coverages weren't as bad as in NCAA but I was still getting people all the way down to the 30+ yard line. Yeah, I saw the robo QB glitch that you are talking about. It kills me. Here comes my whole damn defense, which ususally means the QB is gonna get killed, and then the ball flies out of the QB's hand and Donte Stallworth is down the field for 15 yards.. Troy Polamalu is one of the best Safeties in the league and he doesn't have enough speed to sack the QB! Hell, that is all he does!!

Bottom line: EA sports is just disappointing.. If its in the game, it isn't in ours!

The Scarlet and Grey, best team in the land!
Old 08-13-2008, 09:09 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

yeah, dont trade ncaa for madden...i like to have both every year..
I just trade call of butie and frontlines for madden,they were
collecting dust anyways..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »