Home

EA servers unavailable?

This is a discussion on EA servers unavailable? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2008, 09:51 PM   #1
Rookie

krazzed's Arena

OVR: 9
EA servers unavailable?

I just got this game in the mail today and I'm loving offline, but I wanted to take it online. I go to Xbox Live on the main menu and i select it. The first time I did that it had me accept some "EA Terms of Agreement." So it says its connecting me to the servers. After about 10-15 seconds it says EA servers unavailable. I doubt they will be down, because I haven't heard anything here, or on any other forums talking about them being down. So I can't connect at all, I tried re-linking my GamerTag to my EA account, and it still doesn't work. I know my Xbox Live works fine because I was just playing Call of Duty and Skate. online with some friends. Can anybody help me on this topic?

EDIT: I just signed in to my xbox with my brothers Xbox Live account and it sign him in perfectly find but for some reason with mine it doesn't want to let me on and says servers are down. Could it be I accidentally declined the Terms of Agreement thing and it wont let me connect? If so how do I get that to come back up? And like I said before, I know my account is perfectly valid because I can play other games online (I can even play other EA Sports games online)

Last edited by krazzed; 07-30-2008 at 11:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2008, 12:35 AM   #2
Rookie

krazzed's Arena

Re: EA servers unavailable?

I know I'm not supposed to bump threads, but I don't know what else to do.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:48 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Not sure if it works because my friend has not had a chance to try it out yet, but EA Support told him to try the following to resolve the same problem. I am cautiously optimistic that it will work because when he logged into passport.net, it did not have his birthday. If anyone tries this out this afternoon and it works, please post a reply to let us know - thanks.

Quote:
You will receive this error message if the age listed on your Microsoft Xbox
Live account is greater than 125 years, or your Internet connection is
having issues connecting to the EA Server.

To check the age listed on your account, perform the steps listed below:

1. Sign into www.passport.net using the e-mail address and password
associated with your Xbox Live Gamertag.

2. Click the 'Registered Information' link on that page.

3. Update your date of birth to your correct day, month, and year of birth.

You should now be able to sign in and play online.

If the above steps do not resolve the issue, you are likely experiencing a
connection issue. In this case, please visit the below given link to read
our article about resolving connection issues.
http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg...p?p_faqid=7983
Old 07-31-2008, 03:55 PM   #4
Rookie

krazzed's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaG44
Not sure if it works because my friend has not had a chance to try it out yet, but EA Support told him to try the following to resolve the same problem. I am cautiously optimistic that it will work because when he logged into passport.net, it did not have his birthday. If anyone tries this out this afternoon and it works, please post a reply to let us know - thanks.
I will gladly go try this, since I don't have anything to lose, thanks for the reply.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:49 PM   #5
Rookie

krazzed's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazzed
I will gladly go try this, since I don't have anything to lose, thanks for the reply.

Well, I tried everything that you posted except for clearing the cache (because I have an older Xbox and IDK how long it will take to redownload system updates) And nothing worked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2008, 11:04 AM   #6
Rookie

krazzed's Arena

I just got off the phone with EA customer support, and the lady I talked to was very helpful. She said that there have been very few reports of this happening, but it has happened to more than just a couple people. She said she forwarded my account information to the engineers at EA to fix my problem. She said to create a new temporary GT until my account gets fixed. She also said if that doesn't work I might be able to get a refund.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:53 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thanks for the update. It did not work for my friend either, so I will tell him to call EA as well. Do you have the telephone number handy by chance? Also, let me know if they fix it for you.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:52 PM   #8
Rookie

krazzed's Arena

The number for EA support is 650-628-1001. You have to go through the automated thing, select the game and system you need supprot for, then say Operator. It takes a few tries for the voice recognition to recognize what you say, then it will put you on hold for around a minute (there is music playing, so you know when your on hold). After that you just hope you get a helpful customer support person.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »