Home

Injuries and Dynasty mode in '09

This is a discussion on Injuries and Dynasty mode in '09 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2008, 01:56 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Injuries and Dynasty mode in '09

How common (or uncommon) are they in Dynasty? I haven't started a dynasty mode yet, but every play now game I've gone through seems to have a hefty amount of injuries going on. I'm a bit concerned.

I apologize in advance if this has been brought up before. Didn't find anything in a search though.

Hello fellow forum poster! We all like to get our opinions out and chat it up with the community. If you have a nack for this and are interested in writing, I'm looking for dedicated gaming bloggers. Contact me at [email protected]!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 01:57 PM   #2
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Injuries and Dynasty mode in '09

They haven't been a problem for me, in fact I wish there were more 1-3 week injuries. I see lots of small single game or less stuff, but not a lot of long term injuries.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:02 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've had several major injuries.

Lost my 3rd WR for 9 weeks.

I've lost a QB for the season and a RB.

They don't happen all the time, but you've gotta watch out. I make sure my starters aren't returning kicks for this reason.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:17 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I found the injuries way too low. I've played over 1 season of dynasty and have yet to lose a single player to significant injury. Lots of dings resulting in will return soon (usually 1 series). It would be nice to have an occasional long term injury. Playing with nobody ever missing a game isn't realistic. I playon AA and may move to Heisman in hopes of finding a few injuries.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:36 PM   #5
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

I am into the bowl game in my first dynasty and I haven't lost anyone for more than a few quarters.

On the flip side, I have yet to knock any players out of the game for the CPU. I've injured guys for a quarter or two, but never hurt anyone for the game.

I am playing on All-American with 8 min quarters.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 02:51 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 17

I think injuries are about the ONLY thing that are spot on in this game. LOL. You get games where you see a lot of guys getting nicked up for a quarter or the game and then I have games with almost no injuries. Occasionally I lose 1 or more guys for several weeks as well. Its just right IMO as its not over done but it sure makes me think twice about leaving a starter in too long after the game is determined. You don't want to have your starting RB go down for 3 weeks when you are up by 40.

Injuries also make you to recruit depth which is really nice.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:54 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 16

I find Injuries to be much more realistic this year. You have to have depth at every position because injuries do happen and often. I also use a lot of mass sub when im in a blow out. no need to blow your shot at the NC in a 45-7 game

2K sports...the only place where such things as errors can be "over looked" while making a baseball game.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:57 PM   #8
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29

in our online dynasty we've had a rash of injuries..

UCLA lost HB Bell for 8 weeks in week 3. Aggies lost Javorskie Lane for 8 weeks. Michigan lost their RT for 5 weeks, Texas Tech and Oregon both 3 players down for a couple weeks.

It seems pretty realistic from my perspective... we are about to advance to week 10. We play AA 8 min qtrs.

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »