Home

Am I the only one having MAJOR lag issues online?

This is a discussion on Am I the only one having MAJOR lag issues online? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2008, 11:07 AM   #1
Rookie

DENNISJR60's Arena

OVR: 3
Question Am I the only one having MAJOR lag issues online?

The two times I've played the lag has been pretty bad. My signal strength is 100% so I'm not sure what it is. When I play NBA 2K8 online there is zero lag & it's like the person is sitting in my living room offline. I managed a whopping 39 yards of offense & scored 0 points.

Does anyone have a clue as to what may be the problem? PLZ don't say it's, because I suck... the game before offline against my friend I had over 600 yards of O & scored over 50 points.

Thanks for any help!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 11:15 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Am I the only one having MAJOR lag issues online?

I have 12 meg down internet and it plays online as smooth as the singleplayer game.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:31 AM   #3
Rookie

DENNISJR60's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I have 12 meg down internet and it plays online as smooth as the singleplayer game.
It only does it when I play NCAA 09 though? Also I'm playing on PS3.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:51 AM   #4
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

I play on PS3 as well. I don't really play this game anymore(thts another thread though), but when I was, it seemed to lag the most during the day. Maybe b/c there were lots of people on, I dont know....

I had the least lag at night.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:27 PM   #5
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Ive only ever played one game where there was lag and it was bad. Other than that ive seen no lag.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 02:08 PM   #6
Rookie

DENNISJR60's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews85
Ive only ever played one game where there was lag and it was bad. Other than that ive seen no lag.

I'll try 2k8 again & make sure I have no problems with that. Then I'll try NCAA & if the severe lag is still there I would imagine it's nothing on my end. I hope this can be figured out, because there's no way I can play online if the game plays that way...
Old 08-14-2008, 06:11 PM   #7
Pro

kapo's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm in the same boat as you. My games feel like I'm moving in slow motion constantly but I've got a 100% signal before I enter the game. This is on 360 and I tested on gta and forza and I get no lag at all there.

Theres just something about this game that doesn't like my connection. I have to directly hook up to the modem just to not get disconnected every game but it doesn't fix my lag issues.

North Carolina TarheelsCarolina PanthersCarolina Hurricanes Charlotte Hornets
Old 08-14-2008, 06:23 PM   #8
Rookie

DENNISJR60's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapo
I'm in the same boat as you. My games feel like I'm moving in slow motion constantly but I've got a 100% signal before I enter the game. This is on 360 and I tested on gta and forza and I get no lag at all there.

Theres just something about this game that doesn't like my connection. I have to directly hook up to the modem just to not get disconnected every game but it doesn't fix my lag issues.
This sounds bad, but in a good way it's good to know I'm not the only one. For me the game is unplayable if this is how it will be each game. I really like the game & want to be able to enjoy it online as well, but can't.

I'm not sure what to do...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »