Home

Give me my defense back EA.

This is a discussion on Give me my defense back EA. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2008, 09:30 PM   #17
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Give me my defense back EA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
There, There let it all out buddy!!!! Dont hold anything back something is on your mind let them know. I got to give it to you AA, you sure are persistent. But lets hope the "man" is listening
He just wants what the rest of us want man - A fighting chance to make the game seem somewhat sim.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 08-16-2008, 09:43 PM   #18
Rookie

BuckeyesFan21's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Uh, if my Defensive line consists of Defensive Ends who are rated 92 and 92. My Defensive Tackles are 91 and 88...my Pass rush SHOULD be amazing.

I want balance....if I could some it up in one word..that would be it...BALANCE.
Yeah, I agree with you. What I am saying is that if they over-do-it, then it'll become a game where sacks happen like crazy, kind of like how in 07(I believe) blocking a field goal and jumping the snap was a lot easier and more effective.

I also believe I said I just want the game to be balanced in my original post.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:05 PM   #19
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Honestly, this is purely a rant. Nothing more. I know the patch is coming, and I also know that some things may get better. But most likely, this game is still gonna be a 40-38 scorefest 95% of the time with the only stops coming from deflected passes or a turnover.

But since 2010 is in development please keep this in mind Adam, Ian, and all the rest of the EA guys.

1. Bad Pass Rush + Horrid pursuit angles=Wanting to bash your head against a wall trying to defend all of these dink and dunk passing attacks. Having RBs blow by LBs that are comparable in speed to them is equally frustrating.

Please...pretty please with sugar on top...allow the defense an equal footing. If I have recruited/groomed a defense full of 90+ rated studs, let me enjoy it. Don't let me take a 95 rated Defense overall against an 82 rated offense and get sliced up for 500 yards with maybe 1 sack and having my line get pancaked or stonewalled incessantly.

And please...don't make my blitzers back up 5 yards off the line every single time. Every single time. If I'm bringing the heat...I want the ability to stick that safety or that blitzing linebacker RIGHT UP ON THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE ready to sprint his azz off towards the QB.

2. Eliminate Robo QB on Heisman. All American is too easy. Heisman is too ridiculous. No QB in existence can make the ESP reads that the Robo QB does. Ratings don't seem to matter one bit as far as QBs go. Honestly, how much measurable difference did you guys really put into Throwing power and accuracy? Be honest. I'm gonna say..to be polite..."minimal" difference. I can't tell if I'm facing a QB with 95 THP and 92 THA or a QB with 84 THP and 76 THA. Not on Heisman at least.

3. Let Corners be smart.

--It's 3rd and 6.
--I'm bringing an all out blitz.
--The offense is coming out in a 3 WR set and I'm in a Nickel package using press man coverage.
--Please...again...PLEASE...have my DBs have the brains to COVER THE SLANT in this instance.

My DBs KNOW I'm bringing the house. They KNOW the QB is going to get rid of the ball quickly. They KNOW that covering the quick slant is probably a very very good idea. Let's implement that...Ok Ian? Ok Adam? Ok EA gameplay programmers?

4. Let Defensive Ends be a factor. Please take away the archaic "suction block" DL/OL interaction that has been around for you guys since I was watching the Gummy Bears in 5th grade..or so it seems. Defensive Ends can be some of the more athletic players on any team...Jevon Kearse, Mario Williams, Julius Peppers. If I have a 94 rated Defensive End with 86 speed, 78 strength, 85 acceleration, 85 agility, etc....PLEASE...let him actually be a force on the football field.

Don't let a 72 rated OT from Kent State suction block him into oblivion.

I'm no fool. I understand you guys build these games for little 12 year old Timmy or 18 year old Joe who has zero football knowledge other than he "rocks at Tecmo Bowl". I get that.

But at least give us sim guys the ability to CREATE a "sim" type of atmosphere ourselves. Give us the tools.

Give us more sliders. I mean....a LOT more. A LOT LOT more.

Give us sliders that actually do something when you move them 2 clicks to the left or right. In other words, make them effective.

If I have Pass Block at 0, I should be sacked 78 times in a game. Is that realistic...nope. But it should HAPPEN if I have Pass Block at freaking ZERO.

If it did..that would mean that using those sliders, I could tweak the settings perfectly to my individual tastes and most likely end up with a really kick butt sim experience.

Please.

I'm begging you.

I'm a 30 year old man who is an avid sports gamer.

I am the guy who has the $$ to buy your 400 dollar gaming system and your 60 dollar games, and your 5-10 dollar add on packs online.

I am the guy who is going to Best Buy and spending THOUSANDS of dollars on a gargantuan HDTV and Sound System..to play games.

Not 12 year old Timmy.

I know there are a lot of 12 year old Timmys out there...but don't underestimate the buying power of us old farts in the gaming community who want a kick butt football simulation.

You have the ability to do this...I know you do.

Please make it happen.

Have a nice day.

AA
I usually don't like the way you rant endlessly about this but I'd say that this one is one that gets my approval. If EA could do this for us without making offense impossible then that would be awesome. Great post AA.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:47 PM   #20
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer101er
...So they'll slap on some half-finished, BS feature that no one wants or needs and the gameplay will suffer...
They're building their house on sand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
...Exclusivity arguments for the college football series just don't hold water...
Sure they do. Once 2K got shut out of using the NFL, they could've easily focused their energies and come up with a college game better than what we're seeing now from EA... If given the opportunity.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:51 PM   #21
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvz1iAkQtAA

I've said it before, but you cannot watch this video at 1:14, and not be pissed off(unless your just a blind EA Sports fan who lovingly plunks your $60 dollars down just so you can fill up your EA collection you've had since early PS2 days.) The guy just flat out lied about the defensive aspect of this game.

I've never complained about a game to the lengths that I have on this game, and that possibly could be b/c the expectations, and the potential for this game WAS so high. Once again we were led to believe that all was right and that the stuff from 08 was fixed.....oh it was fixed....but just liked a 'good' mechanic does, they fix the problem, and loosen up a screw or two to cause you another problem that you'll to come back for to get it fixed.

I'm willing to say that this game is worse than 2005, and gets my vote for worst NCAA ever. The reason is b/c, THIS IS 4 YEARS LATER!!! 4 years later, new consoles, 3rd installment on next-gen, new technology. No excuses at this point...I don't care how "hard it is to makes a videogame." That's your business, and furthermore it's something that you guys have done RIGHT in the past. We should not be regressing. Meanwhile you have games out here made by smaller, (probably) lesser paid teams at 2K, Sony sports(The Show), and yet EA is supposedly the king of all sports games, but yet we can get a game that plays as decent as the one did 5 years ago.

That's like a car dealership trying to sell me a new car with no GPS, no MP3 player, no Ipod hookup, no remote less entry/startup, for the SAME price as a car with all of those things. It just doesnt make any sense to be where we are.....

And sure, it's just a video game, but at 26, I've been playing EA games since I was like 11, and expect better, WAY better than this. Like AA, I have also plunked down big money on a big screen 1080p TV, PS3/360, etc. with the SOLE purpose being to play video games, and mostly sports games. I like to sit in front of my 57" TV with the sound system blaring and feel like I'm in a real game....yeah this is America, and we're shallow like that....but this game does not allow me to do that at all. I've said before, I probably wouldn't still be gaming if it wasn't for the greatness of NCAA on PS2.

In short, if you(EA) don't read anything else from this get this, give us OUR game back!!! Stop putting in what YOU want to b/c YOU like it. You're not the ones paying for it, WE ARE. Give us all the USEFUL stuff that was in PS2 versions, heck even the stuff we still havent recovered from PSOne. Give us options, make the game play generically out of the box, but allow us sliders to cheese it up or tighten it up. This way EVERYONE is happy. As it stands right now, I'm not buying next year. I really don't want to do that, but I have before and will again.

If you need a feature to hype up for next year, hype up your sliders!!! Hype up the fact that you can customize the game to play EXACTLY the way each gamer wants it to play.

I still have this game, but as far as I'm concerned, I have no football game to play this year. That's how unplayable this game is to me.

(sighs)

Last edited by stoncold32; 08-16-2008 at 11:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2008, 12:01 AM   #22
We Spent Some Money!

ZM Punk's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer101er
I still say 75% of the problems on defense are caused by the disastrous pursuit angles, but yes, I agree with you.

It seems like Tiburon deliberately sabotaged defensive play to emphasize the wide-open gameplay.

It seems.

I'm sorry but this game from my perspective has taken a step back from last years game. At least on last years game you actually felt like you had a defense. In this years game you basically have to hope the offense throws a pick or that one of your lineman can get to the QB the one or two times he actually gets off a block. But if your playing a human and he has a somewhat decently fast QB you can throw that out the window too.

Adolphus Washington-Ohio State Freshman
Old 08-17-2008, 01:18 AM   #23
MVP

heitkamp94's Arena

OVR: 9

well it seems like i'm in the minority, I have very few games that are shootouts, but then again i play pretty conservative on defense and try to make plays with my human controlled player.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:53 AM   #24
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by koshi
They're building their house on sand.

Sure they do. Once 2K got shut out of using the NFL, they could've easily focused their energies and come up with a college game better than what we're seeing now from EA... If given the opportunity.
That's a bit of a stretch. They took their shot with APF and, while a great game between the lines, it left a lot to be desired everywhere else and got canceled. You're reaching if you think 2k was gonna develop APF and an NCAA game at the same time.

Gamebreaker, or whatever it was called way back when, was not making a comeback after 8 (10? or whatever) years.

If we're playing the "what if game" you're gonna tell me that a college football game was going to be developed by 2k? C'mon they canceled a great franchise in College Hoops, not because of exclusivity, but because of the sales bottom line.

Exclusivity sucks, competition is a good thing, but exclusivity as the reason for a weaker NCAA franchise on next gen is a lame sour grapes argument.

EA is dumbing down NCAA as part of their overall marketing strategy to expand the casual gamer market for all their titles. Look at Wii Family play and that rediculous Madden commercial with the little girl that makes me cringe the 100 times a day I see it on TV.

Last edited by umd; 08-17-2008 at 01:57 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »