Home

Who Prefers the PS2 Version Over the Next Gen Versions?

This is a discussion on Who Prefers the PS2 Version Over the Next Gen Versions? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2008, 02:41 PM   #17
MattUMD224

OVR:
Re: Who Prefers the PS2 Version Over the Next Gen Versions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I would say the PS2 version was better last year except for 2 very important issues:

1. The pursuit angles killed the game. I mean literally killed the game for me. Every play to the outside and returns were money.

2. Automatic FG's for the AI and too easy for human.

Were these things addressed?
these are fix and make the game GREAT...i mean if you turn the corner will cj spiller, demarco murray,jecid best, or noel devine your gone but pursuiat angle have been fixed

fg are hard to make and the computer rarley kickes 40+ yarders, they will go for it if their outta fg range and too close to punt

Old 08-18-2008, 02:42 PM   #18
MattUMD224

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab2c4
For those of you with the 09 version on the ps2 I was wondering if they have reduced the amount of jaggies at all since the 06 version (if you can rember, or if you still have 06). The jaggies around the players don't bother me, but the sea of jaggies covering the enire field does. Makes me wish my old xbox still worked, it had a lot less jaggies and I would go out and get the 08 version since they didn't make the game this year for the old xbox.

they did make it for xbxo but you have to order it online, its only at a couple stores around the US

Old 08-18-2008, 02:53 PM   #19
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUMD224
they did make it for xbxo but you have to order it online, its only at a couple stores around the US
Interesting, I didn't know that. Unfortunately as I said, my old xbox is broke anyways. I still would like to know if they cleaned up any of the jaggies when comparing NCAA 09 to 06 with the ps2 versions.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:57 PM   #20
MattUMD224

OVR:

i love the computer gameplay and AI...the computer just challenged a play of mine in the crunching minutes of the 1st half and the won and killed my drive....THEY CHALLENGED WHERE MY PLAYER LANDED(which he was short of the first down) ive never had the computer challenge that on me

Old 08-18-2008, 04:00 PM   #21
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUMD224
i love the computer gameplay and AI...the computer just challenged a play of mine in the crunching minutes of the 1st half and the won and killed my drive....THEY CHALLENGED WHERE MY PLAYER LANDED(which he was short of the first down) ive never had the computer challenge that on me
Are you playing the ps2 version of 09?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2008, 04:06 PM   #22
Rookie

bstaple12's Arena

OVR: 2

Saturday, I traded in the 360 version for the ps2 one and i'm extremely happy I did. The gameplay is alot better and there are many more features.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:18 PM   #23
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstaple12
Saturday, I traded in the 360 version for the ps2 one and i'm extremely happy I did. The gameplay is alot better and there are many more features.

Did you trade it in to Gamestop or EB? If so, how much did you get for it?
Old 08-18-2008, 04:23 PM   #24
Rookie

bstaple12's Arena

OVR: 2

I traded it in to Gamestop and got 22$ store credit for it. I was expecting to get 40 for it but I traded in a couple other games with it and got the ps2 version.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »