Home

Who Prefers the PS2 Version Over the Next Gen Versions?

This is a discussion on Who Prefers the PS2 Version Over the Next Gen Versions? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2008, 10:25 AM   #33
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Who Prefers the PS2 Version Over the Next Gen Versions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Right one man....

just look at this one feature they have in NCAA 09 on the PS2, that is not in the next gen consoles..

PREPARE FOR THE BIG GAME

See what may or may not work on Saturday by practicing against an opponent's playbook during the week. Fine-tune up to 10 plays on offense in hope of having a greater chance of success when playing against live competition, or practice with Crowd Noise in an effort to replicate the game day atmosphere.

The sad thing is, this was on the PS1 circa 1998 or 1999. Upcoming opponent, they would show you their playbook and their most used plays. Then you could go and practice against those. EA is sad. There is really no excuse for the 360/PS3 versions being in the sad state they are in. All they had to do was take NCAA08 on the PS2, fix the pursuit angles, auto FG's, and lack of facemask calls and port it to the 360. You'd never hear me complain gain.

Is it different teams that work on these games. The PS2 and 360 versions are miles apart.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:37 AM   #34
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
The sad thing is, this was on the PS1 circa 1998 or 1999. Upcoming opponent, they would show you their playbook and their most used plays. Then you could go and practice against those. EA is sad. There is really no excuse for the 360/PS3 versions being in the sad state they are in. All they had to do was take NCAA08 on the PS2, fix the pursuit angles, auto FG's, and lack of facemask calls and port it to the 360. You'd never hear me complain gain.

Is it different teams that work on these games. The PS2 and 360 versions are miles apart.
Hopefully the ps2 team will be the ones promoted to work on the next next-gen console versions (ps4/xbox3).
Old 08-19-2008, 11:02 AM   #35
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab2c4
Hopefully the ps2 team will be the ones promoted to work on the next next-gen console versions (ps4/xbox3).
How can these 2 teams be so far apart? Compared to PS2, PS3 NCAA feels like NFL Blitz or something ridiculous like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2008, 11:02 AM   #36
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Even then, it will probably be 2013 before they get a decent game out.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:30 AM   #37
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Even then, it will probably be 2013 before they get a decent game out.

Sadly, I know. I guess we can stick with the ps2 versions until then. I don't play online so technically I can keep playing the ps2 NCAA 09 for as long as my ps2 works (and my wife and I just bought a new ps2 to replace our old one so I am good to go). It's just a shame that I spent so much money on the ps3 and 360 and not have a decent football game to play on them.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:30 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 2

I tried the PS2 version of NCAA 09 and gave up after a couple of games. I was using Bama's sliders and there were a tremendous amount of big plays. I tried modifying them, but could not reduce the crazy amount of PR and KR TDs, 70+ yd passing TDs were far too common, as were 40+ yd rushing TDs. It was just too big play happy and I couldn't find a set of sliders to reduce it. It was unfortunate, because the PS2 version had a much better feel and replicated several football aspects better than the PS3 version. I've accepted that the PS3 version is average and will only play it when I'm craving a college game with current rosters. Otherwise, I'll stick with NCAA 2004 on the PS2. Rix to Thorpe for the win... Greg Jones running of the competition... Dockett wrecking havoc behind the line of scrimmage... 2003 Noles!!! LOL. I've given up on EA Sports next gen football. NFL 2K5 with modified rosters (thanks Puja) for my NFL fix, All Pro 2K8 for the classic Niners players and NCAA 2004 for college.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:20 PM   #39
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdawg131
I tried the PS2 version of NCAA 09 and gave up after a couple of games. I was using Bama's sliders and there were a tremendous amount of big plays. I tried modifying them, but could not reduce the crazy amount of PR and KR TDs, 70+ yd passing TDs were far too common, as were 40+ yd rushing TDs. It was just too big play happy and I couldn't find a set of sliders to reduce it. It was unfortunate, because the PS2 version had a much better feel and replicated several football aspects better than the PS3 version. I've accepted that the PS3 version is average and will only play it when I'm craving a college game with current rosters. Otherwise, I'll stick with NCAA 2004 on the PS2. Rix to Thorpe for the win... Greg Jones running of the competition... Dockett wrecking havoc behind the line of scrimmage... 2003 Noles!!! LOL. I've given up on EA Sports next gen football. NFL 2K5 with modified rosters (thanks Puja) for my NFL fix, All Pro 2K8 for the classic Niners players and NCAA 2004 for college.
That makes me wonder if they implemented "wide open gameplay" for the ps2 version as well. Does anybody know? I know it isn't like that on 06 for the ps2 which I am currently playing.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:24 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
That makes me wonder if they implemented "wide open gameplay" for the ps2 version as well. Does anybody know? I know it isn't like that on 06 for the ps2 which I am currently playing.

Its the broken pursuit angles. Just watch the defenders, they run to where the ball carrier is now instead of where he will be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »