Home

Who Prefers the PS2 Version Over the Next Gen Versions?

This is a discussion on Who Prefers the PS2 Version Over the Next Gen Versions? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2008, 10:02 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Who Prefers the PS2 Version Over the Next Gen Versions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crques
I've reached an epic conclusion. Next generation NCAA Football developers suck at life. Ok, maybe not at life but they do suck at capturing a realistic college football feel and creating a good sim.
LOL. I came to that conclusion last year after less than 6 full games of both Madden and NCAA on the PS3; I returned both within weeks of owning them. Last year was the first time that I can remember that I didn't complete at least three full years in my FSU Dynasty (I play every game) and one season in Madden.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:26 AM   #50
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by crques
I've reached an epic conclusion. Next generation NCAA Football developers suck at life. Ok, maybe not at life but they do suck at capturing a realistic college football feel and creating a good sim.
Well, either they are a bunch of clowns who don't have any pride in their product. Or they are incompetent and really just don't know football or how to program it.

I wonder what happened to the team that produced the PS2 version. It was a pretty solid game until a "mole" infiltrated the team and destroyed the pursuit angles and made fg's automatic.

Thats really the only explanation that I have at this point is that there is someone intentionally sabataging the game. "Agent 23, you there?"

"Yes, Boss?"
"Have you targeted your objective yet?"
"Yes, the CPU sliders have been totally disabled and the game just went gold"
"Excellent work agent 23, now see if you can disrupt the impending Patch."
Old 08-20-2008, 10:34 AM   #51
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Well, either they are a bunch of clowns who don't have any pride in their product. Or they are incompetent and really just don't know football or how to program it.

I wonder what happened to the team that produced the PS2 version. It was a pretty solid game until a "mole" infiltrated the team and destroyed the pursuit angles and made fg's automatic.

Thats really the only explanation that I have at this point is that there is someone intentionally sabataging the game. "Agent 23, you there?"

"Yes, Boss?"
"Have you targeted your objective yet?"
"Yes, the CPU sliders have been totally disabled and the game just went gold"
"Excellent work agent 23, now see if you can disrupt the impending Patch."
LOL I might be wrong but I'm under the impression that these are probably young guys that do not have a lot of football knowledge and they think that having "juiced" offenses that can take it to the house on any given play make for a fun and exciting game. They need some hardcore football fans helping with the development, along with some real life college defensive coordinators. How about less gimmick and more realism!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 11:01 AM   #52
Pro

OVR: 5

I pretty much only play sports games so when I read less than stellar reviews for games like NCAA and Madden I do not really regret holding off on getting a PS3.

My question is have other sports titles made the leap to next gen and offer as good a game as PS2? other than the graphics of course.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:15 AM   #53
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamboospine1998
I pretty much only play sports games so when I read less than stellar reviews for games like NCAA and Madden I do not really regret holding off on getting a PS3.

My question is have other sports titles made the leap to next gen and offer as good a game as PS2? other than the graphics of course.

College Hoops is awesome on the 360. Especially with the right sliders.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:20 AM   #54
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:

In my opinion, no sports game out there (or at least the ones I've played) rivals MLB for the PS3. It's amazing!! I also really like College Hoops on the PS3. Although the 360 graphics and framerate are better, I still like the PS3 version because of the controller.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:42 AM   #55
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
College Hoops is awesome on the 360. Especially with the right sliders.
It's flat out incredible in terms of legacy mode depth & teams playing different styles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 11:57 AM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

The only other sport that I enjoy in terms of video games is soccer. PES on the PS3 was horrible this year, so I just played PES5 and PES6 with updated rosters. FIFA 08 was average on the 360, but CYC in EURO 2008 was awesome. Most on these boards seem to enjoy the next gen baseball and basketball games; it sounds like they actually improved from the jump to next gen unlike football and soccer (for the most part).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »