Home

In all honesty I'm not seeing Robo QB.

This is a discussion on In all honesty I'm not seeing Robo QB. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2008, 01:41 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
In all honesty I'm not seeing Robo QB.

Most games the AI passes around 55% to 60%. I would expect that because they throw alot of "safe" passes and screens to inflate completion %. I've held teams to 9 of 23 and 15 of 34 recently.

The only thing Robo I see is that if you blitz a corner and leave someone alone, the AI will hit them right away.

But if you look at the package and bring in the proper defensive package and play mostly man, with a few zones mixed in, they aren't nearly as effective. The pass rush needs some improvement but I am not seeing the 20 for 22 passing performances or anything like that. It seems like when I first started playing, the AI would torch me, but not anymore. Its imprtant to bring out your Nickel any time you see a 3 or 4 wide set.

Sliders:

Heisman
QB 45
PB 0
WR catch 5
RBA 45
Rb 55

AWR 65
KD 95
INt 0
BB 60 (I still see 1 to 3 sacks per game)
Tackle 15

What is everyone's definition of Robo QB?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2008, 01:46 PM   #2
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: In all honesty I'm not seeing Robo QB.

I disagree. Season stats for cpu qbs in several full season AF test dynasties.

Heisman
qba 35
pbl 0
wrc 0
rba 50
rbl 100

awr 95
knd 100
int 0
bbl 100
tkl 20

276-398-2921, 69%

Heisman
QBA 45
PBL 0
WRC 0
RBA 50/40
RBL 50

AWR 50/25
KND 100
INT 0
BBL 50/0
TKL 50/25

cpu qb 243-344, 71%

The one time I didn't see him

AA 10 minutes,

qba 40
pbl 0
wrc 0
rba 50
rbl 100

awr 50
knd 50
int 0
bb 0
tkl 0

opp passing avg 19-32.8, 58%, 203 yards [actual 2007 AF OPP qb stat avg 19-32.76, 58%, 232]

But those were way too easy and the cpu threw 26 picks
Old 08-18-2008, 01:47 PM   #3
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

To me, the thing that irks me most about Robo QB is that most passes are on target. Like most have said, I'd like to see more passes overthrown, underthrown, and thrown away. As many have said, it seems that most incomplete passes are the result of pass deflections, interceptions, or drops.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:50 PM   #4
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16

On average on heisman over the course of a season against varying teams, the cpu completes 10% too many passes in my experience.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:52 PM   #5
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Why did you post this in both this section and the slider section?

Robo QB is there and he is nasty. The best examples are Robo QB knows EXACTLY where you are blitzing and will hit the hot receiver in approximately .008 seconds after the snap, without looking to boot.

If it weren't for Robo QB and the insane pancake pass blocking on Heisman, it would be a great difficulty level to play on because the CPU is much smarter and can run the ball.

But those 2 things are just too damn maddening to ignore on Heisman.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2008, 02:03 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni

Robo QB is there and he is nasty. The best examples are Robo QB knows EXACTLY where you are blitzing and will hit the hot receiver in approximately .008 seconds after the snap, without looking to boot.

If it weren't for Robo QB and the insane pancake pass blocking on Heisman, it would be a great difficulty level to play on because the CPU is much smarter and can run the ball.

Accidentally posted it there, deleted the content.

Anyway, yes I agree if you leave a guy completely open, its over. Yes, I agree the line has some serious issues. Ansd yes I would like to see the game play as everyone else would with good line, the AI stretching the field, and plenty of balls not going to the target but falling harmlessly to the ground.

But I'm not seeing completion rates in the 70 to 80 % range, they are falling in the 55 to 65 % range. May be a little high, but there are alot of safe passes so the %'s will be a hair higher than a normal distribution.

I fear that the blocking engine is what its going to be. Sliders won't fix that. Arm strength is tied to QB Acc too, which is a major problem. The game has major problems period. But overall, I am not seeing overly high completion %'s if I have the right packages called.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:04 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni

Wait, heisman is all I have played. Are you telling me that D-Line don't get pancaked on AA? Perhaps I need to play AA again.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:07 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Accidentally posted it there, deleted the content.

Anyway, yes I agree if you leave a guy completely open, its over. Yes, I agree the line has some serious issues. Ansd yes I would like to see the game play as everyone else would with good line, the AI stretching the field, and plenty of balls not going to the target but falling harmlessly to the ground.

But I'm not seeing completion rates in the 70 to 80 % range, they are falling in the 55 to 65 % range. May be a little high, but there are alot of safe passes so the %'s will be a hair higher than a normal distribution.

I fear that the blocking engine is what its going to be. Sliders won't fix that. Arm strength is tied to QB Acc too, which is a major problem. The game has major problems period. But overall, I am not seeing overly high completion %'s if I have the right packages called.
the robo qb thing comes and goes. It seems to be built into the game before the opening kickoff. I just played Wisconsin at lunch and they broke the school record on me passing for well over 400 yards. I could not stop them and then my DBs continued to do the tripping animation when trying to make the tackle from behind. There is nothing quite like watching 5 guys trip over their own feet when trying to make a tackle from behind..... Still destroyed them in the long run on account of their worthless defensive play calling.

one thing I liked about this game was that wisconsin tried to run ZERO QB runs which was oh so nice to face. They did rack up like 560 total offensive yards which will take my defense that was ranked decently high way, way down the board. i like this as it will give me something to work/recruit for in the future at least.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »