Home

EA why cant we atleast have what we used to have?

This is a discussion on EA why cant we atleast have what we used to have? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2008, 02:32 PM   #25
Pro

TSOLEliot's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: EA why cant we atleast have what we used to have?

Granted I haven't got NCAA 2009 yet and just picked up a used copy of 2008 for cheap on e-bay, I think a major problem is EA releases the game too early...They add in a few new changes and rush to get it out on time. I couldn't care less about mascots, college classics, campus legend, etc. Just like dynasty mode.

Can't they wait until a week before the season to test the game out more, tweak the rosters a little, so we don't really need a patch when it hits the stores. Plus there are cheap skates like me who don't have Xbox live for the patch.

Why release it mid-July? 1 month less of sales?

NFL- Eagles
NHL- Flyers
NCAA- Fresno State
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2008, 03:47 PM   #26
Rookie

GatorFan1963's Arena

OVR: 3

At the end of the day, this is about money. Name one piece of technology that comes out nowadays that completely meets everybody's expectations. There's always something "wrong" with the new iPhone, or the newest laptop, or the new GPS system, etc.

Don't get me wrong, alot of us have legitimate grips. But Adam and the other developers/designers on the forum don't get to make the decisions that many of you are so upset about. Spend 1 year in Corporate America and you will soon realize that any old cube monkey has no real power. It's the big wigs with the big offices that make the real decisions. And those guys aren't in the business of creating the perfect video game. I mean look at us...we are arguing about a game that EA has successfully made each one of us want to go out and buy it each year, even tho we know it won't meet our expectations. If you ask me, EA has done their job....they had made their money. They have successfully made a profit. And I guarantee they will make a profit again next year because about 75% of you complaing now will buy the game the first day it's out next year...hoping that it is better than 2009. The other 25% will buy it eventually. That, my friends, is called a successful business model.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:19 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorFan1963
At the end of the day, this is about money. Name one piece of technology that comes out nowadays that completely meets everybody's expectations. There's always something "wrong" with the new iPhone, or the newest laptop, or the new GPS system, etc.

Don't get me wrong, alot of us have legitimate grips. But Adam and the other developers/designers on the forum don't get to make the decisions that many of you are so upset about. Spend 1 year in Corporate America and you will soon realize that any old cube monkey has no real power. It's the big wigs with the big offices that make the real decisions. And those guys aren't in the business of creating the perfect video game. I mean look at us...we are arguing about a game that EA has successfully made each one of us want to go out and buy it each year, even tho we know it won't meet our expectations. If you ask me, EA has done their job....they had made their money. They have successfully made a profit. And I guarantee they will make a profit again next year because about 75% of you complaing now will buy the game the first day it's out next year...hoping that it is better than 2009. The other 25% will buy it eventually. That, my friends, is called a successful business model.
I agree and somewhat disagree with what you have said about the business side. But the fact remains that:
1) EA doesn't understand completely how to program on the Current Gen(360/PS3) or
2) They don't have enough resources thrown at the project because it came out completely unfinished.

I guess ask Burker King Execs what would happen if the shrunk the whopper and no longer offered tomatoe or lettuce, but instead they just put it in a prettier package. You'd have a bunch of people sitting around complaining about how good it used to be. Sure some of the fools would still choke it down week after week, but others might start eating Pizza instead. Please Note Burger King has a monopoly on hamburgers in my example.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »