Home

Cant Take It Anymore..Im Putting This On The Shelf Until Patch #2

This is a discussion on Cant Take It Anymore..Im Putting This On The Shelf Until Patch #2 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 11:06 AM   #33
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Cant Take It Anymore..Im Putting This On The Shelf Until Patch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkeus
You know, every game has bugs but NCAA 09 is just done badly. I saw someone mention that they are probably not bugs at all, but purposefully put in the game.
I have mentioned this in several posts however, I don't subscribe to the idea that there is a conspiracy to purposely leave bugs and glitches in the game.

It's just flat out laziness from a programming standpoint. Because there is no competition and in a few cases they share resources with Madden, NCAA will always play second fiddle. Madden is more important for obvious reasons.

This is probably why the little details get passed over EVERY year. Stupid little things that have plagued this series for years are still in the game. I don't need to beat that dead horse anymore. We all know what they are.

As far as the game play in NCAA 09, look no further than the back of the box. "Big Play Saturday". The ROBO QB, terrible zone coverage, lack of pass rush, terrible pursuit angles, and worst of all, the kicking game are purposely programmed into the game so they can get their STUPID Wide Open Game play. That's why they aren't bugs. Additionally, that's also why the "testers" may have seen this but it didn't matter.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:11 AM   #34
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer101er
That's weird. I actually find the CPU is really good at running the ball on Heisman -- with Run Blocking set to 100, anyway.
Yes, with run blocking maxed CPU will run much better, but the problem is, you'll be unstoppable, too.
That's the issue with sliders. They work the same for Human and CPU. That's what they're supposedly fixing in patch 2, giving me some hope for a big improvement with the game.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:26 AM   #35
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Without a pursuit angle fix, this game will remain unplayable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 11:28 AM   #36
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyreeii
I tend to agree that EA is doing this purposely. Think about it, they can only improve upon the game so much before they can no longer improve the gameplay. I am not saying it is right but they need to be able to hold the proverbial "carrot" in front of the horse (us) to keep it motivated (buy the game).

They have removed so many apsects that I really enjoyed, the matchup stick, formation subs, in-game player progression/regression. I am of the belief that they will add these features to the game in coming years just to keep us enticed.

I agree with you to a certain extent. By the time they add all the features back or at least most of them, it will be time for the Xbox 720 and PS4 to hit stores so then the cycle will start back over again on those systems. Unfortunately, that appears to be the nature of the business these days. It's not about giving the consumer a complete product each year. It's more about giving them a taste of it and promising that next year will have this or that added to it just to keep us coming back for more.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:29 AM   #37
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Can we even mention the 2nd patch or will the thread be locked?

Have you guys seen the penalty sliders thread. Its just crazy, they are claiming penalty sliders effect the pass rush.

I don't have time to test every crazy theory. Its like an algebra problem X = B + C, whats the square root of D.

I think/hope patch 2 will make th game better because honestly right now its unplayable. You have to handcuff yourself to get a challenge. Oddly, the game seems even easier after the 1st patch. I''m sure thats just learning curve, but the game is flat out too easy against the AI.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:32 AM   #38
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage

Have you guys seen the penalty sliders thread. Its just crazy, they are claiming penalty sliders effect the pass rush.

I don't have time to test every crazy theory. Its like an algebra problem X = B + C, whats the square root of D.

I think/hope patch 2 will make th game better because honestly right now its unplayable. You have to handcuff yourself to get a challenge. Oddly, the game seems even easier after the 1st patch. I''m sure thats just learning curve, but the game is flat out too easy against the AI.

Dude, we need that guy off of the television show "Numbers" to figure out this damn slider equation?
Old 08-20-2008, 11:41 AM   #39
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage

Haha...one guy in the sliders forum says, his houserules are: Don't control your RB, Don't control your WR after the catch, don't control you're kick returner, Don't switch to a defender when a pass is thrown. Whatever his name is Matt10 or something like that.

Seriously, how can EA defend this?

Oh wait, sales are still up, huh? So the customers obviously love it....

I wonder if Exxon is under the same impression.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:44 AM   #40
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
Haha...one guy in the sliders forum says, his houserules are: Don't control your RB, Don't control your WR after the catch, don't control you're kick returner, Don't switch to a defender when a pass is thrown. Whatever his name is Matt10 or something like that.

Seriously, how can EA defend this?

Oh wait, sales are still up, huh? So the customers obviously love it....

I wonder if Exxon is under the same impression.
You're better off just simming the game. I can understand the player lock but the other house rules are extreme. But hey, to each his own.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »