Home

Cant Take It Anymore..Im Putting This On The Shelf Until Patch #2

This is a discussion on Cant Take It Anymore..Im Putting This On The Shelf Until Patch #2 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 01:40 PM   #49
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Cant Take It Anymore..Im Putting This On The Shelf Until Patch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by crques
They throw the ball 60% of the time and then complete 75% of their passes.
Sad but true. Your "Wide Open Gameplay" at work there. Every CPU team plays the same.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:20 PM   #50
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

If people think patch #2 is a magic elixer for what you don't like about the game then you are just setting yourself up for disappointment. If you don't like the game now I highly doubt the second patch (available August 28th or September 4th for PS3) is going to change your mind.

I personally am really liking the game and the second patch will push it to "loving the game" when the sliders are fixed. The broken sliders (need to boost the cpu run game as usual) and the lousy return game are my biggest beefs. For those that HATE the pass rush, sliders will help but most likely on AA or Varsity only. The cpu has always had super human pass blocking on Heisman. This year isn't that much different (just a little worse) and the patch won't make it much better.

Whether you like the game or not really depends on a lot of things. Your skill level, your expectations, the position you normally play, or whether you are an online gamer vs. offline gamer. Offline you can make slider adjustments whereas online you cannot so online guy is pissed. Guys that love playing as a DL are more pissed off than others due to the tremendous pass blocking they face. I usually play as a LB so it doesn't bother me that much. I play on AA where you can get a pass rush with sliders. Those that play on Heisman may pull their hair out. I'm also an average player that finds AA fun and I lose my share of games in even matchups. Elite players that have to play on Heisman and deal with that level's issues tend to be more annoyed as well.

The bottom line is that the patch will help but the core gameplay isn't going to change a whole lot. Did last year's patch help? Yes, but it wasn't a new game and I wasn't expecting it to be. For those that are you better get ready to be disappointed.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:38 PM   #51
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
If people think patch #2 is a magic elixer for what you don't like about the game then you are just setting yourself up for disappointment. If you don't like the game now I highly doubt the second patch (available August 28th or September 4th for PS3) is going to change your mind.

I personally am really liking the game and the second patch will push it to "loving the game" when the sliders are fixed. The broken sliders (need to boost the cpu run game as usual) and the lousy return game are my biggest beefs. For those that HATE the pass rush, sliders will help but most likely on AA or Varsity only. The cpu has always had super human pass blocking on Heisman. This year isn't that much different (just a little worse) and the patch won't make it much better.

Whether you like the game or not really depends on a lot of things. Your skill level, your expectations, the position you normally play, or whether you are an online gamer vs. offline gamer. Offline you can make slider adjustments whereas online you cannot so online guy is pissed. Guys that love playing as a DL are more pissed off than others due to the tremendous pass blocking they face. I usually play as a LB so it doesn't bother me that much. I play on AA where you can get a pass rush with sliders. Those that play on Heisman may pull their hair out. I'm also an average player that finds AA fun and I lose my share of games in even matchups. Elite players that have to play on Heisman and deal with that level's issues tend to be more annoyed as well.

The bottom line is that the patch will help but the core gameplay isn't going to change a whole lot. Did last year's patch help? Yes, but it wasn't a new game and I wasn't expecting it to be. For those that are you better get ready to be disappointed.
From reading your post you sound a lot like me, as far as controlling a LB and playing on AA and so forth. What sliders are you using? I would love to try them out because I just haven't had any fun with the PS3 or 360 version of this game and I really want to like it considering the money I've spent on systems and games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 02:49 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yes I'm just about giving up too. I used to be hooked to my NCAA 07 on PS2. The gameplay was just great and everygame was fun! (yes even when you beat the snot out of the cpu 110-0)

You know what I hate the most about NCAA 09? Game is freakin stupid! Tell me this hasn't happened to you cause it's happened to me like 4 times:

You throw a pass to your reciever, and he's falling as he is attemting to catch it. It touches his hands, and then it goes through his hands. Obviously he dropped the pass. Well what i don't understand is why the refs are challenging this play!!!! He obviously dropped the pass wtf! and then you hear the announcers "well it looks like he had possesion but i'm not sure..."

Freakin idiot it's a drop! why are you challenging weather he caught it or not!!!!!!

Hate it
Old 08-20-2008, 03:17 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:

The problem with the game is that its not challenging on Heisman regardless of the sliders because the sliders put the Human equal with the AI. The AI needs a big boost because I swear its dumbed way down this year.

So yes, the sliders may be a magic elixr to get competitive games with reasonable stats.

It isn't going to fix any problems you may have with animations, play calling, etc.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:19 PM   #54
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by crques
From reading your post you sound a lot like me, as far as controlling a LB and playing on AA and so forth. What sliders are you using? I would love to try them out because I just haven't had any fun with the PS3 or 360 version of this game and I really want to like it considering the money I've spent on systems and games.
I'm lucky I'm not that great a player I guess. I'll PM you what I use. Its usually quite a bit different than stuff others use. Not sure if you will like them or not. I'm a better defensive player than offensive one.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:25 PM   #55
Rookie

Darkeus's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tico46
Yes I'm just about giving up too. I used to be hooked to my NCAA 07 on PS2. The gameplay was just great and everygame was fun! (yes even when you beat the snot out of the cpu 110-0)

You know what I hate the most about NCAA 09? Game is freakin stupid! Tell me this hasn't happened to you cause it's happened to me like 4 times:

You throw a pass to your reciever, and he's falling as he is attemting to catch it. It touches his hands, and then it goes through his hands. Obviously he dropped the pass. Well what i don't understand is why the refs are challenging this play!!!! He obviously dropped the pass wtf! and then you hear the announcers "well it looks like he had possesion but i'm not sure..."

Freakin idiot it's a drop! why are you challenging weather he caught it or not!!!!!!

Hate it
Not to mention when you have it happen three times in a game!

Don't get me wrong, something in me likes the game and I know that things won't be all fixed with patch #2 but at least I will have some pass defense. That is the real killer to me, the game has always cheated, there have always been problems. This year is just BAD! EA will never be able to convince me that they can't get last-gen features into next-gen games. How can you justify 60$ for a game that is supposed to be better and is clearly not. EA will never convince me that it is hard to get problems that have been in NCAA for YEARS out of the game.

Sigh....

The Scarlet and Grey, best team in the land!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 03:39 PM   #56
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:

agree 100%. I am one of the weirdos that actually like this game. But everytime I go on this forum, I feel like I am the only one who likes the worst game ever made. I am sitting here trying to figure out why I am enjoying this game so much while its obvious that everyone here hates it. I just don't get it. But maybe its because of all the things you just mentioned....because that is pretty much me. ....maybe its because I haven't played madden 09 yet so I have no clue what a good football game is, maybe its because i am getting a little bit older and just don't care too much about pursuit angles and robo QBs as much as i used to and just have learned to have fun with this video game.....I guess I am not as "hardcore" as I used to be? I don't know what it is, but all I know is that I absolutely love NCAA 09 and I do recognize its flaws.....I do hope that the 2nd patch makes a noticeable difference in the gameplay, but I am still having fun with the game as is....
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »