Home

Cant Take It Anymore..Im Putting This On The Shelf Until Patch #2

This is a discussion on Cant Take It Anymore..Im Putting This On The Shelf Until Patch #2 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 04:36 PM   #65
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Cant Take It Anymore..Im Putting This On The Shelf Until Patch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer67
Dude...you got sold on the "next gen" marketing crap from the game companies. Next gen is an arbitrary term used to sell the new systems. The only differences are faster GPU and CPU power combined with more memory. It's different architecture....they aren't building on the same gaming platform...they design from scratch and add to the game. Do you remember when the regular Xbox and PS2 came out? How as NCAA and Madden then? Lacking many features of the PS1 days if I recall correctly. This isn't new, folks. Next Gen does not equal "better". It means new and faster hardware...that's it.
It's funny you posted this. I was remembering back to when I first got my PS2 for Christmas and Madden with it (the one with Eddie George on the cover). I thought it was the greatest football game ever at that time and I played the hell out of that game for months. I just haven't been that way with next generation football titles at all. Each time I play, I become more and more disappointed. The only time I can ever remember being really disappointed with a PS2 football game was with Madden 04. The offense was "too much" in that game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 04:36 PM   #66
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
If people think patch #2 is a magic elixer for what you don't like about the game then you are just setting yourself up for disappointment. If you don't like the game now I highly doubt the second patch (available August 28th or September 4th for PS3) is going to change your mind.
Where did you get those dates from? Are those a guess or did I miss some released info on the patches?
Old 08-20-2008, 04:37 PM   #67
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

You're only putting it on the shelf now?

Seriously though, I've been waiting for patch 2 since the first day I played it. All I really want is 1. Robo Qb gone and 2. the ability to play something similar to defense. That is all I want.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 08-20-2008, 04:40 PM   #68
Rookie

Hammer67's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab2c4
Uh, Medieval 2: Total War (and Kingdoms)? If that is what you are talking about those games are awesome. OMG I have put mega hours into that game and expansion. If not, please disregard LOL. I can't wait for Empire: Total War!
Shhh!!! Don't tell anyone! LOL

Seriously, yes...and if you want to talk hardcore...try pleasing a bunch of historical buffs with a historically based game. Talk about a tough crowd.

Sometimes we lose focus that these are just games meant to be escapist fun...they are not 100% scientifically perfect. I equate them to other mediums, like music and movies. Tastes vary.

If you ever want to feel better about yourself, visit an online forum. You will find poor spelling, poor grammar, poor logic and complete irrationality in practically every thread. What a world...
Old 08-20-2008, 04:48 PM   #69
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer67
Shhh!!! Don't tell anyone! LOL

Seriously, yes...and if you want to talk hardcore...try pleasing a bunch of historical buffs with a historically based game. Talk about a tough crowd.

Sometimes we lose focus that these are just games meant to be escapist fun...they are not 100% scientifically perfect. I equate them to other mediums, like music and movies. Tastes vary.
I agree to a certain extent, however if EA wants to continue using their slogan "if it's in the game, it's in the game," they should follow through and back that up. I think the thing that has most people upset with the next generation football games is that they seemed to have a lot right on the PS2 version and Xbox versions. With technology vastly improving daily and these next generation systems costing us what they do, we expect a football game for the so-called next generation systems to play better than one for the older systems in most, if not all aspects. We just aren't seeing that.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:49 PM   #70
Rookie

Hammer67's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by crques
It's funny you posted this. I was remembering back to when I first got my PS2 for Christmas and Madden with it (the one with Eddie George on the cover). I thought it was the greatest football game ever at that time and I played the hell out of that game for months. I just haven't been that way with next generation football titles at all. Each time I play, I become more and more disappointed. The only time I can ever remember being really disappointed with a PS2 football game was with Madden 04. The offense was "too much" in that game.
Actually, NCAA football game I enjoyed thoroughly was 05 on the regular X-Box.

All the 360 titles have been disappointing to me, pretty to look at, but not as much fun. I still play them and have fun, but they just don't have the depth. I remember playing the 98 version ov NCAA football on the PC...I think it was the first year for the franchise. It was a blast, but that was mainly because it was new at the time. It had no real features other then heads up play...but it was fun...

If you ever want to feel better about yourself, visit an online forum. You will find poor spelling, poor grammar, poor logic and complete irrationality in practically every thread. What a world...
Old 08-20-2008, 04:53 PM   #71
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

LOL, cool! I can only imagine how it is on the M2TW boards. I love that game (and I love the Kindoms expansion even more) and I have played it extensively with many factions but I have never complained about the AI in it or anything in it actually. Even though I have always enjoyed history, strategy games I just accept them for what they are. As a matter of fact I still haven't patched Kindoms yet.

With NCAA it is a little different for me. Much like those history buffs with that game I am a college football fanatic. I watch as much of it on tv as I can, keep up to date on all the news on the teams all year round. Plus, I am probably in the minority even on this site, but I have been playing EA's NCAA games almost daily since 1993. Yes, I literally have been playing NCAA football video games daily....for 15 years straight. It's like this series is a part of my life. I think I have spent so much time with this series which is why I at times am so critical of bugs/glitches/unfinished versions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 04:53 PM   #72
Rookie

Hammer67's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by crques
I agree to a certain extent, however if EA wants to continue using their slogan "if it's in the game, it's in the game," they should follow through and back that up. I think the thing that has most people upset with the next generation football games is that they seemed to have a lot right on the PS2 version and Xbox versions. With technology vastly improving daily and these next generation systems costing us what they do, we expect a football game for the so-called next generation systems to play better than one for the older systems in most, if not all aspects. We just aren't seeing that.
I agree with you to an extent. But any company is going to market their product the way they see fit. And, for the most point, the games are fun...just not always for hardcore gamers.

We have to remember that software companies (ESPECIALLY big companies) are dependant on release dates and deadlines. So, by moving to a new hardware platform, they need to rewrite the engine from scratch and add features within a certain time limit and budget. Sometimes it's impossible to port everything over and get it working in the new engine within a single year cycle.

I am not defending these companies or excusing laziness in programming. I hated the exclusive contract EA signed. But, we also need to be rational and realize it's just a game...and they are adding things. I mean, we don't have to buy it EVERY year...wait for the killer release year. If you waited and bought this year's Madden as your first on the 360, I bet you would be happy.

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »