Home

EA how do you explain this in your games?

This is a discussion on EA how do you explain this in your games? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2008, 01:51 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: EA how do you explain this in your games?

Damn, EA you can't hide anymore. The wolves are out!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2008, 01:59 AM   #42
Pro

OVR: 12

I want BACKBREAKER right now!!!!!
Old 08-21-2008, 02:02 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
haha Hay, when will you start seeing the problem and stop living in the fantasy world. Who gives a crap if they are lineman, if they were that far down field they should be going for the ball carrier, not show him the touchdown he's supposed to go into. Face it, the pursuit angles are BROKEN. You can enjoy the game yourself, there are some of us who actually want change, we want the game that it could be, not the game that is the same as last year that has better graphics and even more game killing problems.
Did I ever say how much I enjoy the game? Actually no, I didn't. I've done a heck of a lot of complaining. But when there is a thread like this, I feel the need to jump in and say 'alright calm the heck down.' There are some problems with this game. Many very frustrating problems.

SOME of it were dumb decisions made by the people in charge. Those are the problems I've been complaining about. The rest of it is based on bad programming, or just poorly tested programming. I have alot of sympathy for the programmers. We aren't going to get anything done by insulting them and telling them they are stupid. They won't care about your opinions if they're given in an insulting, condescending form. In fact, most of our opinions about 'what EA needs to do!!!!1!! to fix this game!!1!' probably don't make any sense. But we have our best chance yet to get our voice heard. If you've ever been insulted, I'm sure you know how difficult it is to react to something like that without shooting back in your own way. I don't think we should be sitting here being so insulting to the people at EA.

Even with its faults, the AI in video games is probably way better than the money we pay for it, in all honesty.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:03 AM   #44
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
LOL. Darn...you don't believe me.

I. don't. care.
hey AA, i actually edited that post about 5 minutes after it went up. didn't mean to be insulting actually. sorry...
Old 08-21-2008, 02:04 AM   #45
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53
What I've done on punt returns is not allow myself to reverse my field. If the return I call is 'return left' I go left, without taking the unfair-to-the-cpu advantage of running back to the right.
Not allow yourself to reverse field? That sounds really fun.

I've read so many different ways people have tried to make this game better. Changing everyone's ratings, tweaking sliders that are broken, forcing themselves to play a certain way, etc. It's kind of amusing.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2008, 02:16 AM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDofBA
Not allow yourself to reverse field? That sounds really fun.

I've read so many different ways people have tried to make this game better. Changing everyone's ratings, tweaking sliders that are broken, forcing themselves to play a certain way, etc. It's kind of amusing.
Just until they fix the returns.

If you want someone to out-think you or out-play you play a human opponent. If you can find one that doesn't cheese, though.

If people want an absolutely perfect rendition of football, I'm afraid they will always just have to go play real football. The game is what it is, period, and i don't have any fun taking advantage of its shortcomings to beat the CPU 80-13 on heisman. I want fun, close games, and it really doesn't take many 'house rules' for me to get that.

There are extremes of opinions. Some people go crazy mad and yell and cuss, because they are frustrated the game isn't what they want. Others get frustrated and just beat the crap out of the CPU because they can, then complain about how unrealistic it is.

For me, its less fun to reverse field because I know every time I do it I will have a 60 yard return. THAT is whats not fun for me. But instead of throwing the game aside, I just try not to take advantage of it. I don't think anyone should look down on me for doing that.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:19 AM   #47
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53
Just until they fix the returns.

If you want someone to out-think you or out-play you play a human opponent. If you can find one that doesn't cheese, though.

If people want an absolutely perfect rendition of football, I'm afraid they will always just have to go play real football. The game is what it is, period, and i don't have any fun taking advantage of its shortcomings to beat the CPU 80-13 on heisman. I want fun, close games, and it really doesn't take many 'house rules' for me to get that.

There are extremes of opinions. Some people go crazy mad and yell and cuss, because they are frustrated the game isn't what they want. Others get frustrated and just beat the crap out of the CPU because they can, then complain about how unrealistic it is.

For me, its less fun to reverse field because I know every time I do it I will have a 60 yard return. THAT is whats not fun for me. But instead of throwing the game aside, I just try not to take advantage of it. I don't think anyone should look down on me for doing that.
I have fun playing a realistic style but reversing field is part of football. I'm not going to exploit any money plays or bugs but during simple kickoff return I have to be able to reverse field. Running in one direction like a robot isn't fun or realistic.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Old 08-21-2008, 02:25 AM   #48
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDofBA
I have fun playing a realistic style but reversing field is part of football. I'm not going to exploit any money plays or bugs but during simple kickoff return I have to be able to reverse field. Running in one direction like a robot isn't fun or realistic.
I guess I should clarify....I only do this on punt returns. Kick returns arent as easy, so I do whatever I can on those. But there isn't enough defensive speed to stop you on punt returns, so I try to stay in a certain region of the field so as no to take advantage of that speed/pursuit issue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »