Home

Best year for NCAA and Madden for PS2

This is a discussion on Best year for NCAA and Madden for PS2 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 02:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Best year for NCAA and Madden for PS2

Ok guys, I got a question. I recently bought NCAA 09 for 360. Before this game, the only game I played was NCAA 07 on PS2 (I love that game). So I was thinking about getting madden 09 for 360, but my bros told me that it was not as good as NCAA 09 for 360. Due to the popularity of NCAA 09 on Ps2 and the complaints of NCAA 09 on next gen consoles, I'm willing to go back to some good times.

One thing I find lacking is the gameplay of NCAA 09 on nex gen. I find that I have to resort to man coverage to win games (btw totally right about the man coverage this year. F&*kin zone sucks A$$!) So yea just wondering in your opinion:

NCAA 05/Madden 05
vs
NCAA 06/Madden 06

or any other considerations

Things I need. Hit stick. I don't remember if 05 had it. Oh and gang tackling would be nice (which i know NCAA doesn't have in those years but I'm not sure if Madden 06 had it)

Thanks guys!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 02:45 PM   #2
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Best year for NCAA and Madden for PS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tico46
Ok guys, I got a question. I recently bought NCAA 09 for 360. Before this game, the only game I played was NCAA 07 on PS2 (I love that game). So I was thinking about getting madden 09 for 360, but my bros told me that it was not as good as NCAA 09 for 360. Due to the popularity of NCAA 09 on Ps2 and the complaints of NCAA 09 on next gen consoles, I'm willing to go back to some good times.

One thing I find lacking is the gameplay of NCAA 09 on nex gen. I find that I have to resort to man coverage to win games (btw totally right about the man coverage this year. F&*kin zone sucks A$$!) So yea just wondering in your opinion:

NCAA 05/Madden 05
vs
NCAA 06/Madden 06

or any other considerations

Things I need. Hit stick. I don't remember if 05 had it. Oh and gang tackling would be nice (which i know NCAA doesn't have in those years but I'm not sure if Madden 06 had it)

Thanks guys!!
To be honest, I really enjoy this year's Madden & NCAA for the PS2. This year's Madden reminds me a lot of my previous favorite, which was 05. As far as NCAA favorites, I don't remember much about 05 but I do recall playing 04, 06, & 07 quite a bit. I think 06 was my favorite in that series.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:24 PM   #3
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

06 is a great game. In fact, I have gone back to playing it since 09 for the 360 is all broken and we don't know if the upcoming patch is going to make it playable or not. I remember liking 05 back when it was released but don't remember specifics about it.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:45 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab2c4
06 is a great game. In fact, I have gone back to playing it since 09 for the 360 is all broken and we don't know if the upcoming patch is going to make it playable or not. I remember liking 05 back when it was released but don't remember specifics about it.
06 is a great game and was a great season of college football (2005), but it didn't have the analog kicking that 07 and 08 had.

So for multiplayer 07 and 08 was better overall, but the downside is it had momentum, which I'd rather turn off if there was an option to do that. I like the pace of 06 of not getting too far behind in momentum.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:06 PM   #5
Rookie

ok guys I'm looking for the best of both worlds. I know a lot of ppl say NCAA 06 is the best but I want to know which was the best year of football NCAA and Madden (Ex. Ncaa 06 and madden 06) Trying to stay within the same year so i can import draft. let me know guys! thanks!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 07:49 PM   #6
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15

i say 2006.

that was the season of the usc-texas rose bowl - vince young, leinart, reggie bush, etc.

the nfl season was pretty decent too. btw that's my favorite version of madden, i'm playing a franchise on it right now.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:36 AM   #7
Rookie

I personally think that NCAA 2004 is the best NCAA version ever made (it had the best balance in terms of offensive/defensive), while for Madden I'd go with 2005.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:51 AM   #8
Rookie

Just looking for a single year that is overall the best for Madden NCAA.

Example: NCAA/Madden 05

Not: NCAA 04/Madden 05

I want to import drafts too and play both games. I can't import draft from NCAA 04 into Madden 05

Thanks!

You guys are getting close!

BTW popped in NCAA 06...Damn it's like those guys are on speed! I don't know how i got used to that, but it's gonn abe hard to get used to it again. Stopping Bush is almost imposible once he gets past the D-Line. Madden 06 is more like NCAA 09 speed on 360. I guess I got used to the slower speed. But yea on PS2, NCAA to Madden is a big jump on speed of the game.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »