Home

EA, Please Allow Us To Disable The Auto Photo Feature!

This is a discussion on EA, Please Allow Us To Disable The Auto Photo Feature! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2008, 11:09 AM   #9
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: EA, Please Allow Us To Disable The Auto Photo Feature!

It works! There are many more instant replays now.

I also found that deleting the photos from My Shrine instead of in-game is much easier. If you want to, you can select to delete all highlights (photos and videos) from that game at one time. But if you've got some videos you want to save, you can go into the photos and just delete those. You still have to delete them one by one, but it's much much quicker because there is only one confirmation prompt (are you sure?) for each photo instead of the two for each photo when deleting in-game.

Buba, thanks again for your work-around. I wish this information could be made known to all who hate the auto-photo feature.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:40 PM   #10
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2krules
It works! There are many more instant replays now.

I also found that deleting the photos from My Shrine instead of in-game is much easier. If you want to, you can select to delete all highlights (photos and videos) from that game at one time. But if you've got some videos you want to save, you can go into the photos and just delete those. You still have to delete them one by one, but it's much much quicker because there is only one confirmation prompt (are you sure?) for each photo instead of the two for each photo when deleting in-game.

Buba, thanks again for your work-around. I wish this information could be made known to all who hate the auto-photo feature.
Nice find on the workaround bubba4. I'm gonna fill up those slots now, so when PATCH #2 finally drops for the PS3, I'll be good to go.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:12 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

lol nice job dude,way more replays now...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2008, 07:00 PM   #12
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the work around has to be done before every game since we get 10 pics per game? If that's the case, I'm not sure I'll be doing this all the time. EA, please remove this useless feature, or at the very least, allow us to turn it off. Thank you.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:26 PM   #13
Rookie

tbone1's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba4
You guys are right. The photo snapping DOES take away from the replays. To test this, I started a game, and after the kick-off I paused it and went in to take some photos. I took 10 quick photos from the kick-off replay to fill up all the slots (this only took less than 2 mins). When the slots are filled the games does not take the picture, and there are replays for ALL big plays, sacks, int's and TD's. Too bad we couldn't just turn this feature off, but this work around does give a lot of replays to the games. But then I had to take a couple of minutes to delete those pics too.
Life is never easy with EA football.
Bubba4
This sounds great but how the hell do you snap 10 photos of the same play, and does if have to be a big play to begin with.
If you someone could explain in a little more detail I would love to try this workaround as i'd much rather see replays.

Thanks.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:36 PM   #14
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the work around has to be done before every game since we get 10 pics per game? If that's the case, I'm not sure I'll be doing this all the time. EA, please remove this useless feature, or at the very least, allow us to turn it off. Thank you.
Yes.

I never liked it either as it just slows down the momentum of the gameplay.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:25 AM   #15
Pro

bubba4's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone1
This sounds great but how the hell do you snap 10 photos of the same play, and does if have to be a big play to begin with.
If you someone could explain in a little more detail I would love to try this workaround as i'd much rather see replays.

Thanks.
Right after the opening kickoff, press your start button, then select 'instant' replay'. You then just press down on the left thumbstick to take the picture. This will allow you to save a picture. Right after you save the first picture, just press the left thumbstick again to save more pictures. Repeat this process until all 10 slots are full.
Bubba4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2008, 11:49 AM   #16
Rookie

tbone1's Arena

OVR: 7

Outstanding!
Thanks Bubba.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »