Home

passing tips

This is a discussion on passing tips within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2008, 07:22 PM   #1
Banned

bostonsportsrule's Arena

OVR: 5
passing tips

I'm not that good. I played a game on AA, lost to FIU 19-9...Crane was 8-19, 148, 1, 1, couldn't seem to find a rhythm. The game I tried before (quit out of frustration), he threw 3 in the first half.

Playing games on varsity now.

Running isn't that hard, just find the holes.

I'm okay on defense, I can get a hat on someone quite quick, avoiding the long plays. One of FIU's TD was a KR, so I only gave up one TD.

I found out why I thought everyone was running so odd. I was holding R2 to sprint, and also holding x, (sprint on madden), so I was in poke ball out stance and trying to run LOL

Anyways.......passing tips from more experienced gamers?

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2008, 08:39 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: passing tips

does the left stick control the direction of the pass in ps3 like on the 360? I've found that I can avoid throwing most pics by holding up on it as I throw and causes the ball to come out high and lets the receiver jump to catch it. It's a good way to get them hurt from a big hit, but it works pretty well. Also overthrown wide open receivers right to the waiting safety with it so you have to be careful on how much you push up. You can also use the stick left, right and down.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:50 PM   #3
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: passing tips

The single best way to learn how to pass, both effectively and realistically, is to go into practice mode, assign the CPU to run random defense, choose a play you "want" to be able to run, and then just run it, over and over and over, until you can make all the reads without thinking about it.

Last edited by Village Idiot; 08-21-2008 at 08:52 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »