Home

I gave it the old college try.

This is a discussion on I gave it the old college try. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 09:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
I gave it the old college try.

And as I half expected $60 flushed down the toilet.... again.
I just tried the second patch and messed around with the game and nothing has changed, it is still broken beyond repair. I won't be buying anymore sports games from EA, this was it. I figure if they don't care, why should I. I cannot believe that they screwed this franchise up. This is exactly what no competition delivers and when you don't have a rival, the quality is the first thing out the window.

The game doesn't even play anything remotely like college football, or football for that matter. The defense doesn't even exist, the AI is horrible. I have to ask myself "Do they even watch college football?" The fact that the sliders were gimped from release proves to me there is no quality control over at EA. There is no excuse for that, none. The whole "Wide Open Gameplay" cover-up for bad programming just makes my head spin.

This game is so bad that the whole engine will have to be scrapped and new people brought in, matter of fact a whole new developer, with a new engine and a respect for quality, because starting from scratch is the only way out of this funk that NCAA is in.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2008, 09:12 PM   #2
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: I gave it the old college try.

Well, while I disagree on a large scale with you, I do you appreciate you being able to express your problems without calling EA a bunch of names or trash the developers who work extremely and put in a lot of hours to produce this game.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:20 PM   #3
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: I gave it the old college try.

Please use the Patch #2 Impressions Sticky.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »